Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Birthing Balls

Hiya,

Does anyone know if you can use a gym ball or if birthing balls are diffrerent?

Hope you and bumps are all well.

Steph
33+4

Replies

• If your gym ball is anti burst, meaning that if it does pop is just slowly deflates, it should be fine.

I have a gym ball and it is fine

38+5
  • Sorry to be a bit dim...im not even 16 weeks yet but have heard a few girls talking about these - do i need one im a bit naive? Also do you take them to the hospital with you or is it just if you were in a birthing centre? i cant imagine the nhs leaving you to bounce on a ball for ages?

Lx
  • They had one in the hospital but I never used it...very quick labour when I got to hospital. I did use one at home. Towards the end it was much more comfortable to sit on it and the gentle bouncing was really relaxing. Also meant to help get baby in the right position. xxx
  • I used a gym ball that i bought form Asda. I thought mine was great and the mw advised me to use one as they tend to help baby move down and speed up labour, it definately worked in my favour, i had a very quick labour and i'll definately be getting another one this time round x
  • Thanks Ladies, The one ive seen is from asda speckle so prob the same one!
    I can only get comfy sat of the edge of the couch atm so looking forward to sitting on my ball!