Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Struggling with Girls names...x

Any help... I have Thomas for a boy but for a girl I am struggling.. I already have a daughter called Ella.

So far I like the name Amy and I think I like the name Marie or Maria... I would like something unique but not odd...

Let me know any ideas you have and include middle names image

Replies

• we have Erin Faith or Paige Amy for a girl...early days for me yet though but they are the names we had when when i was expecting my son lol x
  • I like Ruby, Violet and Laura! My nieces are called Saffron and Millania! My god doughter Taylan, Flora and Isobal! Xxx
  • well i have been struggling for months we already have 2 girls Phoebe Georgia and Lacey Grace, we wanted something unique but not weird we'v found it so hard as we didnt want anything 2 common our not so short list started like this-
    Ruby
    Sadie
    Heidi
    Mollie
    Poppy
    Matilda - Tilly
    Nancy
    Darcy
    Macie
    Kaycee
    Lana
    Charlotte - Lottie
    we have now narrowed it too 3 names
    Heidi Olyvia
    Darcy Olyvia
    Nancy Alexa (front runner so far)
    hope these have been a help i know how hard it is good luck!!!
    sam 34+5
    xxxxx
  • My daughter is called Kara. It can also be spelt Cara or Carragh. I do like the name Amy as well. I like nice short names and names that can't be shortened.
  • I really like the name Kt Marie. If I was having a girl I wanted something traditional but spelt a little different so though Kt for Katie was fab x
  • im convinced bean is a boy not not finding out the gender so will see in june however we mainly have a list of boys names as i think girls are a bit of a struggle and only ones we can agree on are Isla, Abbie, Georgia, Maria and Sophie i like skye and iona as well but they wouldnt go with my surname i want something a little unusual but through my job i lots of babies and see lots of names including lots of 'interesting' ones like cinderellas, pochahontas' and esmereldas lol but i really dont know what i will go with its a girl....

Laura x
  • i found a really beauytiful name that im going to use if a girl it Jadzia this might sound weird but its from star trek ds9 which i kinda love lol
  • Oooh it's a toughie isn't it, for some reason I seem to be drawn to names that begin with L, I don't know why lol. I like...
    Lily
    Lauren
    Lola
    Lacey - I think this is my fave but hubby not keen image
    Sorry I cant help with middle names, I dont think I will do middle names, and if I did it would prob be after someone in my family
    I lovethe name Amy too, short and sweet!
    I could be swayed with Cinderella or Esmerelda too lol
    Mel x
  • well I love the name Marie but I am biast as that is my middle name.,,lol
    We have chosen Cheyenne Marie if we have a girl.
    There have been some lovely names on this thread though!!
  • We have chosen Iona for our pink bump, with either Isobel or Charlotte for a middle name. Other choices were:

Erin
    Fleur
    India
    Xanthe
    Isobel
    Zara

We really struggled with girls names as well - we've got loads we love for boys ha ha!
    Lulee
    27+5
  • I have a Gracie-May and love
    Lola
    Halle
    Lila
    Lexie
    Esmee
    Isobel

and will have Rose for a middle name
    xx
  • I thought girls names would be easy, but we've far more boys names we love than girls.

If you want to while away a few hours try this whole forum on mumsnet- there is every name you could imagine under discussion on this...

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/baby_names

Good luck choosing

xx
  • ***gatecrashing**** image my dd is called sophia grace ...lots of people comment that its a beautiful name and different to sophie which is more common (i mean more children called sophie when i say common not the other common :lol: ) i also love hallie when i was pregnant because again its different but not too out there xxxxxx
  • i have a caitlin already n this baby will be called Erin, also loved

Evie
    Freya
    Lily
    Macie
    Hallie
    Layla
    Sophia is gorgeous too
  • We already have a Neve and at the moment our girls names for this baby are:
    Harriet
    Tabitha
    Edith

Love picking girls names but find boys names really hard!

xxx
  • Hiya, I'm also struggling for names for a girl, but so far haven't decided on anything! I love these ones though.
    Ava
    Rosie
    Lily
    Lucy
    Thea
    Jasey
    Olivia

I'm looking for one to go with my little boy who is called Beau Deacon
    Good luck! image
  • I'm struggling too - the only girls name I like is Ella but not sure if it's too close to Ellie which I don't want to use as it's in the most popular list recently. After spending my entire school life with another Laura in my class I want something a bit unusual.
  • lol DM i was in a class with 4 other Lauras and one had same second name as me lol....my mum had always said she would call her first daughtter laura tho from when she was young and then it took her 10 years of trying to have me in her defence so i want a name a little bit more unusual..some nice names being suggested on here...

Laura x
  • I was named after the midwife who delivered me as my mum kicked her and broke her rib - ouch! Just wish she'd had a different name!!
  • Hi its very early days for me at the mo, but we do have our names already.

For a girl the front runner is:- Libby Grace
    My OH would prefer Grace as the first name but i persuaded him, lol,

I also love
    Ruby Grace
    and i like George for a girl too xx