Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Buying for baby- Biggest waste of money!

2»

Replies

• HI
    I would say for me the best was the changing table. it seen me through my last 3 kids and still going strong. i bought it 2nd hand too.
    Keep all my nappies, muslins, bibs, bits and bobs and it has baby bath under the table with a tube to empty it with so you dont have to lift it. amelias 13 weeks and still goes in bath. I still change my 2 years old nappy on the table too.
    i use toiletrie box every day. Nice place to keep all there stuff on and afterwards great to store lego and bits like that.

Waste...cot bumpers, quilts, blankets...IF you use sleeping bag you will never need.
    Singing dancing play mats etc... a basic one will do
    Clothes...for me I hardly used first size. They dont need too many unless you have a sicky, pooey baby or dont get much washing done.
    My luxury....hooded towels (just gorgeous) moses basket...waste of money but they look so cute it them

Do loads of research on pushchairs, hi chairs and cots...cot beds a good investment. a good camera and video cam to capture all those smiles!

Nursery furniture and cute borders, cot mobliles etc... all nice but not needed if you on tight budget.
  • Hi -

The cheapest muslin cloths i found were from Morrisons, a pack of 3 cost ??1.99. They are a bit smaller than the Toys r us ones but still 60cm x 60cm which i think is big enough for me.

xx
  • I have a moses & its lovely but my lo will no doubt have outgrown it in a few weeks as he 10lb now. It depends how big the baby is, whether they are a good investment or not! And of course you can't tell that.

Buy 6 bottles....less if breastfeeding. Get the 8 or 9oz ones. The small ones are cute but completely pointless once they drink more than 4oz xxx
  • i agree really great post, i have no idea what i should have and whats a waste of money so really helpful to hear what you all think

as much as i wish otherwise i'm on a very tight budget and i'm going to have to get a lot of things second hand, i know no to with my car seat and the mattress but is there anything else i should really get new, also other than ebay, spending a lot of time there at moment, is there anywhere you can advise me to look, xx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev215pfs__.png

• Babyemzie, have you tried joing your local freecycle group? I joined ours a while ago, bascially people post on it things that they no longer need or that they want. Best bit is everything is free! We so far have been given some clothes, nappies, bouncy chair, and the best one was I brand new mamas and papas first size cot and materess (matteress was brand new, still in the wrapper!). Tammi xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev165pf___.png

• I just have to say that while reading this jc3 made me run for the loo with her "where can I buy the cheapest MUSLIMS from ? "
    I haven't laughed that much all day. The visual was soo funny.
    I haven't got anything against muslims and don't want to turn this into a race debate or religion debate it just really tickled me.
    Thank you so much jc3 for cheering up my day :lol:

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev330pf___.png

• With the sleep bags, r they safe from newborrn,will i need another small blanket or something or just that alone will it keep him warm?this is soo helpful. Im so worried i will make him to hot in the night or hel be to cold.xxx
  • Tarotwitch that had me in stitches too!! I just had a mental image of a pregnant lady waddling round morrisons trying to buy a muslim!!!!!