Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

what does oblique mean?

Hi, this is my thord (and final!!) pregnancy so u'd think I'd b better informed,! my midwife has made a note to say my baba is oblique? he has been breech up until now but she said he is head down now? althonot engaged. I'm 35+1..
Marie..xx

Replies

• oohh thank you..xxx fingers crossed for long lie!!!
    marie..xx
  • I was 36 weeks yesterday and at m/w appointment  was told she thinks baby is breech/oblique. She has referred me for a scan [which she hopes will be some time next week or week after] to check babys position .I have been doing research online and have scared myself to death.It says if she is oblique and waters break there is only a matter of mins to get her out or she could die.Is this true.? It also says i must get on all 4's with hips and knees higher than my pelvis.Is this correct.? I was also looking on a site from U.S called spinning babies.Is it worth me trying the forward inversion to try and get her to turn.does she even have room to turn.I am terrifed.This is my 4th pregnancy and the other 3 were all perfectly noramal deliveries. I really do not want a c section in middle of kids 6 weeks hols [though if its the safest way then i know thats what will have to happen] I am so worried and midwife was not phased at all.Its like oh you are a pro at having babies after already having 3..Well no i am not and am just as scared as the next mum to be.It also says online that obliquie babies have not as much room to grow therfore have probs with their head and their hips after birth .Please help .thankyou x

• Hi Krissie, try not to concern yourself honey.  If any pregnant woman's waters break & she doesn't naturally go into labour within 24-48hrs later she will be induced because the risk of infection to her & baby increases once the waters are gone (It isn't quite the emergency drama some webpages make out).

To encourage baby into the desired birthing position you should sleep as often as you can upon your left hand side with right leg bent across a straight left leg.  Again if you have a warm bath then when you get out kneel on all fours lowering you chin to your chest & slightly raising your bottom.