Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Maternity allowance from Jobcentre claim as early as poss!!

Hi all hope everyones good.

If anyone else out there isn't entitled to maternity pay from there employers, make sure to send a claim form as soon as possible to jobcentre for maternity allowance!!!

I sent mine off three weeks ago to claim for the first of june, and its going to take until mid june (around babys due date lol) for them to process the application.

Apparently they've got a huge backlog at the moment.

If anyone needs a number to get in touch about a claim at any point i've left them belowimage

01782 426037

01782 426044

Replies

• Hi thanks for the advice, im not due til mid july and i wont be claiming maternity alllowence til the week before im due (as im taking work annual leave first) but i think i'll send my forms in straight away now just to be on the safe side. x
  • i have just been filling out my form this morning im due on 16th june, and im stuck on the page about your employment in the test period. im stuck!!! i have pay slips covering the 13 weeks but dont know how to fill it in

xx
  • Def send early Mine took about 12 weeks to process lo was about 6 weeks old before I started to receive it.
  • They really are crap!

Mine was stamped as received by them on 19th March and meant to start on 6th April. I finally got my 1st payment last friday and my backpay today!!!

Also, dont expect to get any sense from anybody if you phone up to find out whats going on!!

Love Lee
    xxxxx
  • hi thanks for the advice,
    my baby is due october but already im worrying cos you cant send application off till youve got your mb1 certificate but you dont get that till your 20 weeks so it doesnt leave much time really does it, and the forms are so not very user friendly.... just thought id rant a bit lol
  • Thanks for the advice, have got my forms nearly finished now. Does anyone know if you can claim before you have worked the full 26 weeks required and then confirm the date you stopped work with them at a later date? Had only just qualified when I was pregnant so havent quite yet worked the right amount of weeks and wont until a week before due date.

Thanks girls. xxx
  • Thanks for the numbers, Ive been looking for one-just to check they've recieved the forms, Ive been getting paranoid because post is useless and Im not sure when your meant to recieve anything from the maternity allowance people. I sent my forms off the day after I could apply (meant to do it on the day but was in a rush and forgot to take them when I left for work)

xxxx

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/1;10051;28/st/20080729/dt/5/k/9e45/preg.png

• I see this forum is pretty old, but I have the same problem as you Rebecca_and_Riley. I haven't yet completed the 26 weeks, but will have done by the time the baby is born, but I want to send off claim to make sure there is no delay, but im concerned it will just be returned and slowed down even more. Did you eve find out the answer to your question? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks xxx