Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Angelsounds Doppler - any reviews?

Good morning all,

Over the weekend I ordered an AngelSounds Fetal Doppler, has anyone got one or used one that can give me a review / tips on ho to use it?
I got mine brand new with postage for ??19 which I was happy with. Any opinions appreciated.

xx

Replies

• g/c sorry

i loved mine, i could hear bubs from 11+5 but i know thats quite early, its important to use the doppler gel and if you are quite early in pregnancy you need to get really low into the hairline to hear anything, you will be able to find 2 sounds at some point, one is the placenta which is a wooshing noise (well it was for me) and the HB was like a train chugging along image
  • I love mine! I use it less now as I can feel her moving a lot but I used it every day between 16-24 weeks xxx
  • I have one, and heard ds2's heartbeat at 9+3, but didn't hear this baby until about 11 weeks. It's fab, and i use it quite a lot just for reassurance that everything's ok.

xxx
  • i have one, it took me till about 15 weeks to be able to use it properly, mainly as i was trying to find the hb way to far up at that stage! i still sometimes get it out now just to have a little listen!

becks x
    37+5
  • I used one with my ds and loved it. I know my midwife didn't approve as she said just because you could hear a heartbeat it didn't mean everything was ok (ie you still need to be having regular movements etc) *but* I still enjoyed using it anyway and will use it again this time x
  • Thank you ladies. I'm so excited about it coming now!! I'm 15+1 so hopefully I should be able to listen to the heartbeat quite easily. Good tip on using it close to the hairline - I would've gone a bit further up!!
    Ooooh it's like Christmas is coming early! xx
  • i loved mine, will use it again this time if it still works, moved house since so could have been knocked about! U just have to remember to stay calm if u cant hear baby as sometimes they like to hide from you. also u dont need expensive gel u can use cheap supermarkets own lube like ky jelly.xx
  • I have that one too and found DD1's heartbeat at 16 weeks. Im now 13 weeks and u have put me in the mood to try find it now... off i go to find batteries.... lol x
  • I have that one too and found DD1's heartbeat at 16 weeks. Im now 13 weeks and u have put me in the mood to try find it now... off i go to find batteries.... lol x
  • I found I could rarely find HB sitting up, that I needed to lie flat on my back, and find it by feel, as if I looked at the doppler it scrunched up my belly too much. was much easier if belly was stretched out, and like the others have said start low down at hairline
  • heya,
    i have one and found hb from 11 weeks! i use bio oil on my belly to pick up the sound. i dont listen as often now as i am 17 weeks and feel baby move ever day or everyonther day.
    but it was a life saver on holiday, i listened nearly every night, as with being in the sun i was paranoid lil baby was going to fry or something! but by listening even for 10 seconds i would kno everything was alright as i could always hear him/her moving around! thats the good thing, even wen hb cannot be found, u will still know bubs is ok! sounds like a washing machine in there!
    xxx
  • heya,
    i have one and found hb from 11 weeks! i use bio oil on my belly to pick up the sound. i dont listen as often now as i am 17 weeks and feel baby move ever day or everyonther day.
    but it was a life saver on holiday, i listened nearly every night, as with being in the sun i was paranoid lil baby was going to fry or something! but by listening even for 10 seconds i would kno everything was alright as i could always hear him/her moving around! thats the good thing, even wen hb cannot be found, u will still know bubs is ok! sounds like a washing machine in there!
    xxx
  • I have one and it was the best ??20 I've ever spent. We were ttc for 3 years and I had a MMC, so was finding it really hard to relax in this pg, it's also helped me bond really well. I used it the first day I had it and found the hb that day (11+3). As others have said don't panic if you don't hear it. I've had a couple of occasions since then when I haven't so I've gone off, moved about, done something else and then heard it later in the day. I just use moisturiser, but you do need something as a lubricant. As other girls have said do it lying down and as low as you can. My little one is always in about the same place now (I'm 15+5 so about the same as you), so I can find the hb quickly and tend to just listen for 15 seconds or so. I also heard lo having hiccups the other day, it was so, so cute!

xxx
  • Well it came today and i've had a play with it already and I LOVE it!!! Aww its so amazing and reassuring. Found heartbeat quite quickly and dd had a listen too.
    Thank you ladies for your input and advice xx