Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan dates make no sense??

2»

Replies

• Options

Hey can somebody help me out my period was april 12 2013 i know that forsure and my periods are usually very regular. the doctors keep saying im due january 24 2014 which would have put my period at the 19 of april and i know forsure i wasnt on my period then. But the weeks there giving me would put my due date at january 19 2014 not january 24 2014. im just confused. Is it possible that i could ahve ovulated on the 5 of may and got pregant if i had sexual intercourse on the 27 of april.

• Options
    Soooo confused! Went for a early scan today and they dated me at 10+1 but that would literally mean I conceived on a day that I spent 24 hours flying back from china! The next day I started my period and had a completely normal 3 day period (well for me!) then had intercourse the day I finished so that would actually put me at 9+4 give or take a day? So confusing!!!
  • Options
    They could easily get it wrong but remember they go by measurements, not all babies grow at the same rate!! You could still have the baby by your own dates, it's just the matter of when the baby decides to come. They come when they're ready Xxx
  • Options

When I had an early scan at 7+3 (My dates) the sonographer initially measured the baby at 6+3....when she got a better view and re-measured it was actually bang on my dates. the size difference between 6+3 & 7+3 was only 1mm!! So it is easy to see how sometimes you may be a whole week out...lets not forget, some of these babes at 6/7 weeks are only 1cm in length! Also...late or early ovulation alters the fact of dates etc! Don't stress ladies.....x

• Options

Hey there wen u went for early scan did u get a heart beat that happend to me ??