Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Consultant appt - what to expect

I have an appt with a consultant at the end of May. Basically it's because my DS was born by EMCS 2 years ago. Just wondered if anyone else has had a consultant appt for the same reason and what the format was. Did you have any form of examination? I like to be prepared for these things! Thanks.

Replies

• TBH mine was for the same reason and I was in the appointment for about 30 seconds!
    He asked if VBAC had been discussed with my midwife and if I had a preference. I hadn't decided at that point so he said to come back and see him at 36 weeks and he would book me for a section if thats what I wanted.

And that was about it. Because my c-section was for fetal distress and I had laboured to 8cm the first time round I am classed as the lowest risk in the high risk category (if that makes sense!).

I went back at 36 weeks and saw the registrar. Have opted for VBAC on the understanding that if I go over I am not induced but have a section booked instead for 12 days past due date. The reg went through the risks of induction and cant say I was that keen.

It was pretty boring really!

Serena 39 weeks today!