Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Rib stress fracture anyone??

My last MW appointment i saw a different lady to my usual one and she basically told me my rib pain was a common side effect of pregnancy and i needed to suck it up and if i couldn't handle that pain what was i gonna be like in birth?!?!?!?!?!? :x

I phoned my regular MW today and told her how i was feeling my pain has not let up in two weeks it is constant 24/7 and i get no relief from it apart from briefly when i first put ice on the area, i cry myself to sleep and it wakes me up if i slightly move in the night, also it looks very swollen so MW told me to make an appointment with my GP asap incase i have a stress fracture well asap is Thursday can't believe i have to wait this long in agony but i guess whats a few more days when ive suffered for two weeks!!

So anyway i just wondered has anyone had one and could your gp do anything to help? or am i going to be told to grin and bare it, also how do they diagnose a fracture whilst pregnant am i allowed an x ray im worried about harming baby?

Clair xxr