Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early pregnancy question!

Hi ladies,

I just have a quick question i am hoping someone can help me with, I am 5+1 and for the past 3 weeks i have had terrible skin and loads of spots! which i am assuming is due to the hormones as i rarely ever get spots, my question is, for anyone who has also suffered with spots during pregnancy, will my skin be this bad throughout, or does it stop at some point?

I know it's not a major big deal, but i never get spots and for the past few weeks i've had 7 or 8 at a time on my face, it makes me feel very self conscious!! :/

thanks

Replies

• Hi luv,

I had terrible pimples and spots all over my forehead a few weeks back, I felt about 14 again!!

Glad to say they've cleared up over the last couple of weeks, I'm 12 weeks now so hopefully it will be the same for you!
  • Hi honey
    Yes it's completely normal. Before I fell pregnant, people would comment if I had 1 spot as it's was a yearly occasion. I never got them. Then at about 5 weeks pregnant I suddenlly developed loads. Mostly around my mouth and around where my fringe is and down the sides and they were quite big too. I had a couple just above my lip and they were so painful and then I started getting them on my bum and thighs, not attractive!
    I had some woman ask me outright if I was pregnant at 8 weeks purely because of the state of my skin. Thankfully from about 12 weeks it calmed down and now at 28+3 I hardly get any again although I normally have at least 1 on the go!
    It will settle down, it's just a huge surge of hormones and your body is so run down trying to produce enough energy to build another little human being so it's all fantastic signs, if not pains in the bum!
    I would like to say I found a cure but I never, just bear with them.xxxx
  • Thanks ladies, hopefully it'll go away by the time i reach 12 weeks then...
    I am also worried someone is going to guess im pregnant because i've got such unusually bad skin!
    I haven't told anyone yet and don't plan too until 8 or 12 weeks....I went out to lunch yesterday with my mum and my brother and my brother said 'god you've got loads of spots!' I was a bit worried my mum might think something of it! luckily i managed to convince them it was because i've been on a diet lately and i am eating a lot differently than i usually do.. i think they bought it! image
  • i am still waiting for mine to go!! i am sure i am suppose to bloom by now

becca
    25+5
  • i am still waiting for mine to go!! i am sure i am suppose to bloom by now

becca
    25+5
  • I've got tons! Have had them since a few days before my BFP. Am currently cultivating a nice little set on my forehead. Thank heavens for fringes!

K 11+4
  • I wish mine were on my forehead, so my fringe would cover it, but mine are all on my chin!! and i have two right slap bang in the middle of my cheek!!! i'm thinking of wearing a bag over my head!
  • iv got loads all on one side of my face, i look like a right freak!haha!im 6+5 and im really hoping they calm down by 2nd trimester!all iv done is ate, slept, felt sick and picked spots this last few weeks!
  • I have them on face and back, and I keep thinking they are getting better, then a few days later a new batch appear!!!
    M 10+4 xx