Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Moses baskets!

Hi ladies,

Do any of you know about matresses in moses baskets? Just looking at them now and there's a wide variety of prices - don't mind paying more because the matresses are more supportive etc, but is that the reason?!!

Any information would be great!!! image

xxx

Replies

• Hi hon
    I must admit I don't know much about them. I paid ??40 in babies r us for a lovely moses basket and it came with a mattress which i'm using. I always thought it was so you could buy an extra mattress if you had a second hand one. Does your moses basket not come with one?xxx
  • Well I bought an M&P's one that was half price at ??40, instead of ??80, and the mattress was quite thin, but perfectly fine. My baby was very comfortable on it, anyway. It also had a padded liner (nice, but not essential I guess), a hood (tricky to make it stay up, but I did use it to shade him from the sun sometimes) and a little quilt (never used).
  • thanks for the replies girls.

emma - i've not got a moses basket yet, just looking at them! i think it will come with a mattress, but i wondered if you got more expensive moses baskets, do they come with better mattresses? or do they just look prettier?!

thank you image xxx
  • Hi hon
    I'm not sure about that to be honest, as I said mine was ??40 from babies r us and it was ??40 and it's lovely. Pretty good quality too. Definately worth looking into though hon.
    xxx