Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Am from the ttc site and found this for you all

Hi im from the ttc side, hoping to join you lovely ladies soon!
just received is e-mail and thought it might be helpful for you guys.
hope its some use to you and me soon.

wow 2bsmart and popsicle just saw your posts, must feel lush being on this side. good luck.

The Health in Pregnancy grant explained
A one-off, tax-free payment of ??190 from H M Revenue & Customs (HMRC) will soon be available for all mums-to-be which is fantastic news for anyone who is currently trying to conceive and worried about their finances.

Called the 'Health in Pregnancy Grant', it is designed to help you prepare for the approaching birth of your baby as and when you fall pregnant.

Who can claim for the Grant?

* Mums-to-be who are 25 weeks pregnant or more, with a due date on or after 6 April 2009, are eligible to make a claim.

* You also need to have been given health advice from a midwife or doctor to qualify.

* You won't be able to claim if you are subject to immigration control, or if you are not present, ordinarily resident or don't have a right to reside in the UK.

How much will I get?

* For each pregnancy you can claim a one-off payment of ??190, which will not affect your tax credits or any other benefits you currently receive.

How is the Grant paid?

* HMRC will pay ??190 directly into your bank account, any time from April 2009 onwards.

How can I claim?

* To claim the ??190 Health in Pregnancy Grant, you will need to ask your doctor or midwife for a claim form. Part of the form will have to be filled in and signed by your doctor to confirm that you are at least 25 weeks pregnant and that your due date is on or after 6 April 2009.

* Then, you just need to fill in your part of the form and send it off to HMRC. Make sure to send it within 31 days of your doctor signing it, or you could miss out on the payment.

* If you are not yet 25 weeks pregnant, you can sign up for a text or email message reminder, which will help you to remember when to claim. Find out more here.

Happy pg to you all
xxx