Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How Much?

Hiya hope every1 and bumps r wel

I was jst wondering how much raspberry leaf tea u shud drink and if it is possible to drink too much?

Lizzy
xxx

Replies

• I think from 32 weeks you can drink 1 mug a day-which you slowly increase to up to 4 mugs.
    Im not 100% sure though, I bought some and all it says on it is for use in late pregnancy and not early pregnancy (but thats not a lot of help as differnt people will have a differnt idea of what late pregnancy is) xxx

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/1;10051;28/st/20080729/dt/5/k/9e45/preg.png

• I've been doing what FlyingKiwi says, I started with one cup a day and I'm now 36+2 and drinking three cups a day (when Millie lets me have a cup of tea lol)
  • Thanks guys think will try and have a few cups a day then, have jst started drinkin it and really like it and am jst a bit worried that i mite end up drinkin too much!
    xxx
  • I was the same to start with, I really like it and had to force myself not to drink more. I am getting a bit bored of it now though!
  • Hi its advised that you shouldnt take raspberry leaf tea til your past the 36 week mark, as it strengthens the uterus and can cause problems before this. I'm just going off what it says in my pregnancy books though as ive never used it x
  • I think that the tea is ok from 32 weeks. The capsules that you can get are much stronger, so only safe from 36 weeks but the tea has less active ingredient.
    xx