Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

oh its gettng close!!!!

just looked at the counter and i have only got 50 days left!!!!image
i have no pram,no cot ,hardly any clothes this poor wee might will have nothing if i don't get my ass moving but thats hard when your oh is self employed and people he does work for don't pay him!!! any one else got 50 days left!!!
fea x

Replies

• I've 80! LOL! I've cot a cot and loads of clothes/shoes/socks etc but no pram image xx
  • got a cot!!! arghhhh whats up with me today!!!
  • oh stop showing off lol.. i will order my pram this week and hope it gets here on time. think i am in denial that its happening so soon
    fea x
  • Hi

I have 54 days left.
    I have got myself pretty organised but I know what you mean, my hubby is self employed too, he runs a catering business for private and corporate. It's the bloody corporate ones that can take 3 months to pay him!!!
    It's soooo frustrating.
    he's only been in business a year so money is still tight and when I go on maternity leave I dread to think how I'm gonna pay my mortgage!!!
    Do banks do mortgage breaks????

On a lighter note he's gone for a really big contract supplying all the catering and restaurant food to a really swish golf course in our area, he's on the short list and he finds out tomorrow if he has the contract. it will be really hard work but we should hopefully reap the rewards!!

Why is money always the bain of our lives???
    xx
  • Yeah my bank does mortgage breaks, we took 4 months, but most offer up to 6 months but are very weary on doing the full amount xxx
  • Ooohh I'm with HSBC I'll have to go in and ask them! What with the interest rates going up ours has already gone up ??100 per month. My crap employers only pay statutory too so I'm down about ??900 per month while I'm on maternity pay!!

It really makes my blood boil that the government make it so hard for you to even afford having a family!:\(
  • It's cos them buggers are sitting on all our hard earned cash thats why!!! I'm with Halifax and they gave us 4 months when I stopped working in May as I didn't think I'd get another job til after baby was born. Now I'm working temporary and then will only get Maternity Allowance afterwards so fingers crossed! Thank god we've got til Feb til our rate goes up and then we'll change!!
  • claire i hope he gets it my oh is in plant hire and i phoned the last lot he was working for to jar them for payment as he had been with them for 14 weeks and no money and the deal when he took the job was pay every 14 days .. there response was to put him off the job and still not pay him !! so we have had no money for 12 weeks as one of the previous jobs paid thank god or the machine would have to go back. this is his 3rd year but it feels like the first as he just bought his own machine and its put us back to the start.. oh to win the lottery
    fea x
  • Hi fea

I have 18 DAYS to go and the cot has not arrived yet and the travel system is still not confirmed if that makes you feel any better...PANIC. Well if Sonia Jackson coped....LOL.
  • i do have a swing crib i got ages ago but no sheets etc god my head is up my ass lol
    fea x
  • Oh Fea, it really is shit!! You try and better yourself and start your own business and all you get is grief!!
    My conscience wouldn't let me not pay like that!!

I'll let you know if he gets the contract or not. because there is also a reastaurant involved that means there will be some regular cash coming in which will be a god send!!
  • regular money whas that lol.. i was working in a call centre after giving up my nursery job as they promised all sorts of training etc and it was only round the corner no 38 mile round trip . i took a sessional contract which gave me flexible hour but no rights. they stopped giving me hours in december so i have not earned since then .i am my hubbies secretary right now which he takes advantage of the whole time lol
    fea x
  • Ive got 46 days left & its going so quick, i got so much 2 do in so little time, im really scared xxx
    U not the only 1, tick tock, its going so quick, dont u think?
    Wasnt that long i just found out, Soon be christmas lol, Something else im dreading xx
  • oh god dont mention christmas lol
    i have a friend who is due in 2 weeks and she has EVERYTHING can you tell its her first lol i just wish i was that organised
    fea x
  • Christmas will be great in our house - im a bit of an ebay fiend so no doubt we'll be inundated with parcels!! hehe xxx
  • sazzyjay i want to come to your house for christmas lol
    i hate christmas its such hard work lol but think this one is going to be different my 10 year old will be so excited cos it will be the babies 1st he is such a good boy as he is already saying he doesn't need as much cos he knows there is no santa so we should make it special for the baby.. said he cant wait till it is old enough to understand cos he wants to get dresse up as santa and do the presents lol he is a mad child but i love him
    fea x
  • It will really soon be christmas lol
    I bought nothing, not even bought everything 4 baby yet & he due in september, Its so bad.
    I dunno wot im going 2 do over christmas, will have 2 cut down on everybody lol, just buy the under 16s lol
  • It'll also be the first Christmas I have to cook for everyone!! So I'll be runnign round like a headless chicken known me!! I've already been eyeing up some Baby's 1st Christmas tree decorations hehe xxx
  • lol when i used to do christmas for the exended adopted family i would start early nov and freeze everything and it was only the roast to do but i got loads of extras cos i never ever do turkey!!
    fea x
  • Oh, it will be my 1st christmas in our new house, actually living wiv my o/h & new baby aswell, then cooking dinner, oh my god wot am i gonna do, i will be so stressed, then all the presents i need 2 get, I just hope we dont get no visitors 4 dinner, lol, thats all i need xx