Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

newly preg mums

2»

Replies

• Options
    i cant wait until my scan then it will be so much more real coz i knw im preg but coz i havnt seen it it doesnt seem as real! (if that makes sense)
  • Options
    i told all my good friends that i was preg over the 6-10 week period only to find out at my dating scan that time period was only 3-7 weeks. i did wait until 13 weeks to tell my parents as i wasnt sure how they would react to the news (I'm gonna be a single mum) i'm now 17+5 and waiting til i get to the 20 week scan date
  • Options
    i told my mum and she couldnt of cared less which really hurt coz my mum will be the one i need but my dad n step mum wer great which was a surprise but there gunna support me every way i need lol! im only a young mum to be but live with oh 50 miles away frm them all
  • Options
    Bec, sorry to hear about your mom but at least your dad and step mom are chuffed maybe your mom will come round with time and be more excited for you. hugs Debz an lil bear x
  • Options
    i doubt if if its not bout her then shes not interested! but not to worry! im used to her now! im just not takin any notice of her! i got better things to do lol
  • Options
    I'm 9 weeks and only told my mum, dad and brother at the weekend. My mum was so excited she burst into tears! We're waiting till after 12 week scan on 7th December before we tell anyone else but reckon the rumour mill is already in overdrive amongst our friends as I am having to invent increasingly elaborate excuses for not drinking!
  • Options
    lol! ive got partys to go to over nxt cuple of months and they will knw as soon as i walk in lol!
  • Options
    Congrats. I told almost everyone straight away -its my first and i was just soo excited. On the down side the earlier that you tell everyone the longer the wait til d day-93 days and counting!!
  • Options
    I am no going on 13 weeks. and i was told to wait till after 12 weeks.but the whole bloody world knows.its impossible to keep quiet especially if you have been waiting for that day to come for so long. And everyone says to have positive thinking throughout that 12 weeks and no better way than to spread the news.that was positive enough for me. I spent so many night in hospital though. i have had 4 scans already and have not even gone for my scheduled 12 week scan.

I just had a few bumps here and there...but all is good now
  • Options
    Cant wait to tell people too! Hubby is bursting at the seams and is such a bad liar I dont think it will stay secret for long - too many family and friends get togethers leading up to Xmas with no booze! How do explain that one once you have used the 'im on antibiotics' line??!
  • Options
    lol! i knw wat u mean but ive told every 1 lol
  • Options
    Congrats to all the newbies! Such a good feeling isn't it?
    In some cases the question of when to tell people isn't really up to you if you start getting a bump early on!! I got one at 6 weeks and everyone could tell so although i didn't tell people at work or anything they all kept looking at me funny which was horrible and eventually guessed!! I would have preferred to wait til 12 weeks (that was the plan) but i agree it is really difficult to keep it to yourself and 3 months is a VERY long time! x