Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Gemmiebaby

2»

Replies

• I like the idea of a hint of green. Im not a purple fan but then I suppose it doesnt help that the people we bought this house from seemed a little purple and yellow obsessed. I love yellow but the many many different shades of purple were horrid.

I really hope OH is right, you both really deserve it. I told my step sister and step brother today. Wanted to wait until I got past 5+5 but im not superstitious and I would tell them if I mc anyway so thought id tell them. So, im 6+2 today and feeling sick as a dog. Havent been sick but the idea of any food or drink makes me gag! Its awful but part of me is glad as its reminding me im still pg. My step sister is 32 weeks pg with her 2nd one. Shes already talking about my due date etc but then she hasnt had a mc so doesnt really see it as a posibility. It was nice to talk to someone positive who didnt mention mc. Since finding out this time, time seems to have flown by, but after the mc time went by so so slowly so I know what you mean.

I havent stepped into a baby shop since finding out this time. I do know what I want so I thought id wait until we felt we could actually buy. I cant wait to go and test them out. I have a Clio. Its my baby and I love it so I cant entertain giving it up. Its a brand new one and is a much better shape than the old shape. OH has a Laguna so we do have a bigger car when its needed. Mine is only 3 door so that worries me but my stepsister managed and has only now got a bigger car since finding she was pg with number 2.

I cant wait to start baby shopping but cars and things will need to be considered! I dont think mini boots are that bad though so things should fit.
  • Hey, sorry didn't reply for a while. I decided to get off my arse and sort my pig-sty of a house out! I got lost under a pile of crap that I have been hoarding and only just managed to dig myself out lol!!

We have got a BMW at the moment which I love but its not really baby practical either, its a 3 door with sporty seats, not really conducive to baby seats!! its a year lease that we have to give back at the end of this month boo! We have got a test drive in the Mini on Friday, if we like it we are just going to get one and we will have to live with it! I had a KA when I was a nanny for 3 and I managed!!

It is taking every ounce of strength not to test at the moment, I am about 9dpo, I know its too early but every morning when I get up for a wee I think about it and then convince myself not to. I think I will give up on Saturday when I am 12dpo! Its getting pretty hard to convince myself I am not pg now, I have got so many symptoms the same as last time but they could all be in my head!!

Hope you are feeling ok and taking it easy!
  • Im ok. School got the dreaded phone call Monday so weve been preparing for Ofsted to visit tomorrow. Most of the others are crapping themselves but Im quite relaxed. I want to do well but I want them to see us normally as we are a good school and they should see that without us having to work till midnight doing things! Im still exhausted though!

I think the main problem is that im being sick pretty constantly at the moment. I know its a good thing but it doesnt feel like it as sickness is one thing that I hate. I have always been really frightened about being sick!

Im glad you are holding out...more chance of the result you want if you give your body time. I know its hard though!!

Have everything crossed for you! xxx
  • I always felt the same about Ofsted, when I worked at a nursery we had to scrub the place from top to bottom and make sure all the planning was up to date. It was anyway but they got so anal about it all it was untrue. I don't think they get a true idea of what you are really like and how much hard work you put in throughout the year!

Its a shame you are being sick, I felt sick a lot last time but never was. I have got emetophobia, its a fear of sick. I am not so bad about myself being sick although I will literally do anything to stop myself from being sick but I cannot be around other people who feel sick or are hungover or really drunk. I get really freaked out! A friend of ours came to our house a few months ago and was sick in our kitchen (thats what you get when you drink and do the stupid atkins diet) and I literally freaked out, I was in bed hiding under the covers sobbing, I couldn't breath. OH really panicked when he saw me!

Hope everything goes well with the inspection!!
  • Well, 1 day out of the way and 1 more to go! The men have been ok with me but I think the nerves have let down a few others which is a shame. I think we will come out satisfactory which is ok, although most would have liked a good. I was observed as my head asked them to see me, which I thought was a good sign on my part. I was ok, but think head panicked when he saw me in the morning as ive been up at 5am every morning this week throwing up (its so bloody horrible!) and I cant go back to bed as laying down makes me feel worse so I have to get up and throw up! Think the head was a bit worried he may have made a mistake asking them to see me but my lesson was graded good. The head asked if he could tell them why I wouldnt necessarily be at my best and I said it was fine. When they fed back to head he simply said that they should see me on a day when im not suffering severe morning sickness!!! Made me feel good!

Im 7 weeks tomorrow and pleased I still have symptoms as they went totally last time. Have started to think that this could really happen!! I cant wait to go shopping. I actually think they might date me further ahead. Have my mw next Monday at 8 + 3 and hoping to get my scan for 10 or so weeks. Dont really know how all that works but cant wait anyway! I hope they do date me further ahead as will make me feel better!

Glad to hear you havent POAS yet. How are you holding out? Are the symptoms still there?
  • Hi, well done on the inspection, it must have been horrible having so much pressure when you were not feeling 100% in the first place!!

I am pleased to see you are feeling a bit more positive. I am sure you can't wait for your mw appointment!!

I am holding out until Sunday, its the first day OH and I will be home together in the morning. Thats the only thing thats stopping me from POAS lol. The symptoms come and go. I don't have sore boobs which is making me think it might be a BFN because they were so sore last time but I am hoping they hurt when they stretched last time and don't need to stretch again. I have had a metallic taste in my mouth on and off for the last few days, I am spottier than normal and I have got some strange twinges in my stomach. Other than that not much this week which I guess isn't the most impressive symptom list! Oh well we will find out this weekend!
  • I have everything crossed for you as I would love to be talking through this together.

Well, Ofsted are gone. They were crap and our head actually told them that if we treated children how they treated schools we would be committing child abuse!!! Dont think that went down too well! They'd already made their mind up by then! We didnt fail so its not all bad. Would help if I didnt feel so crap all the time. Having a shower is the worst. Even the sound of the shower running makes me feel nauseous!

Im so tired as well, but thats just because ive done 5 14+ hour days this week!

I saw you test drove the mini. I didnt have a problem riding in the front but I didnt like being in the back. Was very bumpy. I bet the BMW is so much nicer. Do you have any other options to try out?
  • Oh no that sounds terrible. It's good that your head stood his ground, the inspector that came to the nursery was so rude!!

We haven't got a shower it broke, I would sell David for a nice shower lol. My Mum's is so bad you have to run around to get wet! Have you tried having a bath. Get your OH to run it for you and then you don't need to hear running water!!

I though the mini was bumpy too, it was better the faster we got and it drove nicely, it corners really well. We will get one if we don't have any better options, there will be a new list soon for us to choose from. Our BMW was so much nicer but really expensive this year!!

I am going to test tomorrow. I have had some spotting today but it was a tiny bit of brown blood so I am hoping it wasn't AF on the way!!
  • Ohhh, I hope everything is good. I have had everything crossed for you for the last 2 weeks!

I would have a bath but I would have to run it as OH is a chef and is never at home, or awake, when I would need one! The sound of running water is just awful, and I can't work out why! Havent felt so sick this morning, but then havent had a shower!!! I dont know what I would do without a shower though! I did wake up in the early hours with the most painful pains, like af pains, but no blood, not even a drop, so im scared and back to checking my knickers every 5 secs! They were so bad that they kept me up for at least an hour. Thought I might post on here and see what people think as I dont really have anyone else to ask!

I havent driven a mini, but like I say, the front seemed ok, was just a little bumpy in the back.

Looking forward to hearing how test goes and keeping everything crossed!
  • She got me this morning. Oh well, always next month!

We found out yesterday we have been rejected for bank funding to help out the business because the company is not in debt WFT! Apparently the bank are only lending money to people in debt to the bank to protect their investment. OH is fuming with our bank manager who has been stringing us along for months, we are going to a few other banks to see if they will help us but we are completely screwed, our takings have been down almost 80% since the recession started and we have not been able to pay back the companies we owe money to for stock so they won't give us current 2009 stock until we pay and some of them are threatening to take us to court and the bank won't help us!! Actually have no idea what to do next!!
  • Oh crap on many levels! I really dont know what to say. With regards to the pg - I know it really isnt what you want to hear but maybe this wouldnt be the best time for you to be pg if things are difficult with the shop, and also, you mc much later than me so maybe you need your body to get back to normal first. I know that is really lame and im really sorry!

This reccession, and the people responsible, have a lot to answer for. The media dont help, making everything worse than it is, which in turn makes everything worse than it should be (if that makes sense). They say the same with credit cards. When you have enough to pay them they wont give you one but if you are suffering you get no end of offers. I think they need the interest from people not being able to pay. I dont really understand how business works but does that mean that the shop will shut or is that a long way down the line? Even if they take you to court, you cant pay them if you dont have the money so what will they get from that? I dont really know what to say hun as I dont really know what im talking about but I hope things look up soon and you are not in limbo for too long.
  • Well we have a few things we can do and its a long time down the line before we will shut. We are due a VAT rebate that could be up to ??10,000 which will obviously come in handy. We have also paid our landlord a huge deposit which we can have back if we pay on rent on time for the first 2 years so we are going to ask our landlord for that back early seeing as we have managed to pay on time for the first year even during the recession. If he helps us out and gives us the deposit back then we will be in a position to pay the rent at the end of May and be in a strong trading position but if he doesn't then we may not be able to pay and have to close in May so its a win - win situation for us both if he helps us out.

We just have to hope that the tourism picking up and the beginning of the season will mean things will pick up for us in the next few months. Like you say if we have no money then we won't be able to pay even if the companies take us to court and the judge will rule for us to pay as and when we can which is what we are doing anyway. OH is saying that to all the companies and they are being understanding so far. Like OH said, the fact that we are still open and paying them even if it is only ??50 a week, its better than most at the moment!

The companies can't close us they can just take us to court, the only thing that can close us is not paying the rent so hopefully it will be a long way down the line before we close. If worst comes to worst we will lay off the only member of staff we have which will save us ??10,000 a year.

The positive is that we set it up as a limited company which means if things get bad and we have to close we are not personally liable for any of the money the business owes because we are classed as employees. The company just goes into administration.

As far as TTC goes we decided to go ahead with it anyway because the baby won't be due until Dec even if I get pg this month and we are hoping that by then we will either be out the other side of this and the company will be going strong, or we will have closed the business and moved back home. Either way we won't be in the position we are in now, we will have had a nervous breakdown by then!!

Life does suck a bit but we will be ok! I think you are right about my body needing some time to get over it, especially with me not having miscarried naturally. I was 9 weeks from my LMP but I think I OVed a week early so I think I was actually closer to 10 weeks. I will never know if I was right because I never had a 'normal' scan, they said they were concerned that things seemed slightly behind even in the 6 week scan.
    I can have a Christmas Pudding now!