Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How much movement at 28 weeks?

I am 28+3 and have started to notice my baby moving a lot some days (well I say a lot, a few kicks an hour... thats a lot to me these days) and some days maybe 2-3 times in the whole day.

Even at night she doesnt seem as active anymore whereas a week ago she was.

Should I make an app with my MW or am I being too cautious... my MW said everything was fine on Friday... but she said I should feel 10 movements a day... but when does that start from?

Replies

• Hiya
    Of course if you are worrid i would just give your mw a ring and tell her they are there to help if you are worrid i have been feeling less movements but i am 39 weeks i am seeing my mw today an will be asking her it may be that your lo is having a groth spurt so is sleeping a bit more to aid that
    kirsty 39 weeks
  • hi, they say u should be feeling 10 lots of movement a day from 28weeks. if ur baby is unually quiet or changed pattern then its always worth putting a call into the mw. don't worry thought, its most likely she's just having a lazy day (don't we all), but nevertheless always bets to err on the side of caution xx
  • well she's moved a few times in the last half hour which has settled my nerves. I just panic as a lot of my DIN ladies feel so much movement and I worry my bubs isnt. But maybe she is just lazy like her mum?
    xxx
  • Hi Rosemary

I believe we are due on a similar date. I think My bubs is the same as yours and lazy also. I have days like yesterday where she moved none stop and so far the morning i have had very little. I also think its likely that we are just getting use to there movements and dont notice it as much. xx
  • My baby has lazy days Rosemary! On Sunday there was so little I got the doppler out. Today s/he is poking me every 15 minutes or so. I believe it has a lot to do with the baby's position, too.
  • I saw the mw at 25 weeks and she said that from 28 weeks you should start to keep an eye out for 10 movements a day. I specifically asked if that was 10 seperate incidences of movement rather than say 10 kicks all at once and she said yes 10 seperate times.

I'm almost 27 weeks and not got to 10 movements a day every day and if I remember rightly with my son at this stage I was nver sure if he was moving enough - but then with him my placenta was at the front which didn't help.

If you are worried give her a call, or give l&d a call to be monitored - I went 2 or 3 times with my son to be monitored and each time he was fine but it was worth it for the reassurance
  • I saw the mw at 25 weeks and she said that from 28 weeks you should start to keep an eye out for 10 movements a day. I specifically asked if that was 10 seperate incidences of movement rather than say 10 kicks all at once and she said yes 10 seperate times.

I'm almost 27 weeks and not got to 10 movements a day every day and if I remember rightly with my son at this stage I was nver sure if he was moving enough - but then with him my placenta was at the front which didn't help.

If you are worried give her a call, or give l&d a call to be monitored - I went 2 or 3 times with my son to be monitored and each time he was fine but it was worth it for the reassurance
  • I still don't feel my baby hardly at all! There is no way I will feel 10+ movements per day, I plan to tell them this at my 28 week appointment or I will constantly be worried.

25+5

xx