Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

really worried.

Hi all. today I've had this pain really low down on the left hand side of my tummy and i thought it was my IBS but now I can't use my left leg muscle without it really hurting my tummy. I'm not sure what to do. I've tried to ring the mw but there was a message saying to ring the labourward so i rung them and they said that because i wasnt 20weeks yet (i'm19weeks4) i'd have to go to A&E if i was 'that concerned' well fat lot of help that was! My oh is out so i've no way of getting to the hosp. It may be nothing anyway.. it could be the muscle (though i havent done anything exercise wise). Has anyone got any advise or views... please help, i'm feeling a bit alone and scared. x:\(

Replies

• Have you tried NHS 24? They are usually very helpful. If the pain gets to the point where you just can't cope then I'd call an ambulance. I'm assuming you have had scans and an ectopic can be ruled out so not sure what the pain is. Could be a trapped nerve but better to be safe than sorry xx
  • This is gonna sound so stupid but I just went to the loo and did a tremendous fart and now the pain has subsided( its still there a little).... I feel really daft! Still not too impressed with the mw i spoke to though! x x
  • Oh bless your heart LOL That has happened to me too so don't be embarrassed, I thought I was either having the WORST braxton hicks or early labour but was on the floor in agony....turned out to be trapped wind and all because I hold them in cos I'm too embarrassed to fart in front of my husband!!! I just go for it now cos it's too bloody painful not to!! LOL xxx
  • Thanks for the reply claire. I've never had a pain so bad that I can't lift my leg properly so i got really freaked out. I've checked baby on my doppler.. he/she seems to be on the left side too and the heartbeat is strong so everything seems ok. x x x
  • I'm in good competition with my oh and farts now.. he'd never heard me break wind before I was pregnant! lol
  • I'm just glad all is well now! Mine hadn't heard me either! Now he doesn't even blink when I let rip, haha!