Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

reassurance needed please

I got my BFP on monday. I have been doing HPT's each morning and still getting BFP but i'm worried as the original one was really faint (12 dpo) and although the lines are getting darker it is very gradual and is not where near the test line colour. Bought some new cheapies off ebay which arrived this morning and a clearly visible line can be seen but still fainter than test line.

I'm probably worrying for nothing but had MMC in July so feeling a bit more cautious. Boobs are still slightly achey but not really any other symptoms (same last time though and bean didn't stop developing until 7 weeks so not too worried)

Anyone else had the same?

Katstar xxx

Replies

• hey hun, the result line doesn't have to match the control line in colour!! it's all about how much dye is in each particular test and how it is situated!!! (it varies from brand to brand!!!) as long as there is a line in the result window ur pregnant!!! congratulations on ur BFP!!!! may you hav a wonderful pregnancy!!!! i know u will be anxious after your previous mc but please try not to worry!!! luv rachie xx
  • Thanks!

I kind of knew that but started to get all silly about it!!! I will just relax and enjoy and what will be will be!!!

Thanks again

Katstar xxx
  • try not to worry katstar, like you said, you know really that ur pg, but we over analyse everything in pg dont we? i used a clear blue test for my first and the line was really faint and after a day or so, it had gone! i fretted about it for days but i am definitely pg!
    i've never had a mc but i can imagine that it makes you even more anxious. do your best to enjoy it though!
    congrats x
  • hiya

a line is a line! took me 7 tests and the 12 weeks scan before i was totally convinced.

big congrats and i hope everything goes well for you

xx
  • I did 2 tests which had faint line and altho i wsa pretty sure i was preg i would then worry all night about it and have to do another one in the morning! I eventually went out and brought 2 clearblue digital ones which actually spell it out - expensive but well worth it!!! I knew then that i hadnt made a mistake :\)

Anna (24weeks)
  • I am so sorry about your mmc in July, it is totally understandable that your are questioning the darkness of a line but I shouldn't worry sweetie, a line is a line. I had a blood test in hospital (was admitted for 4 days with severe abdominal pain) at 12dpo and it came back negative so there i was assuming i wasn't pg. When I got home AF still hadn't arrived (2 days late at this point) so i did a 'wishful thinking' hpt. I got a v.v.faint line. I did one every day for 6 days using clear blue and the thing never showed as dark as the test line.
    Congratulations on your BFP and lots of sticky baby dust to make sure this one stays put!
    Good luck
    Hannah xxx