Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BUMPS!

Hi there,
Just wondering whether any anyone has any views about bumps being different if you're expecting a boy or girl. I am expecting my 5th and I am convinced I am having another boy purely because my bump is the same shape when I carried my last boy.

20wks today!!!!

Farah Bibi

Replies

• Hi Farah, no i beleive this is just a myth. Ive had 5 children and looked basically the same with each one except a bit larger each time. If you think about it logically how could a little thing such as a willy make your baby lay a particular way! lol. Its all down to how much weight you put on, size of baby, amount of water and which way the baby is laying. Will you ask what your having? What ages are your other children? x
  • Hi Debbie,
    I'm not sure. My oldest is 15yrs and my youngest is 4yrs. I have boys and one girl. What do you have?

Farah x
  • I do think the shape of a bump can be a giveaway. My mum is totally freaky coz when we both know someone who is pregnant she tells me in advance what she thinks ther having- and shes been right 90% of the time.

I'm pregnant with my third but she never tells ME what I'm having its soooo frustrating.
  • Hi Farah, i hav a 22yr old son, 19yr old daughter, 11yr old daughter, 6ry old son and 5mth old son. Im still hoping to have one more! Hi KThom122, my mums like that too, she also does the thing with needle over your hand, shes been right with all mine! x
  • Hi Debbie,
    Wow! what a family. What does your mum do with the needle over your hand? I'm intrigued. I have a scan in about 2 weeks time and I cant wait!

Fx.
  • Hi Farah, my mum dangles the needle on a piece of thread over your hand and it swings in a circle for a girl and back and fourth for a boy! I think!! lol. I might just check with her that i got that the right way round. xx
  • Hi debbiemc,
    Thanks I will try out tonight and let you know how I get on.
    Farah x