Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

SPD...Early Induction?????

2»

Replies

• O nightmare Mrs AJ. I didnt think you had to be "ready" for an induction. I thought they could just induce you anyway! Good luck for next monday! I cant wait for my appointment. I hope my cervix is ready!

I dont have a tens machine bubsmummy. I could get one if you think its worth it?

I just drove my car a mile n half into town to go to the bank and i'm in agony all over again! I cant even play with my little boy.

xxx
  • HI Heather,
    Thanks for your reply on my forum. Its good to talk.
    A friend of mine who had SPD in her pregnancy had it badly like yours. I have talked to her loads and am convinced that it is not SPD because the pain is all in my lower back and not in my pelvis or hips. Its the tail bone which is mainly effected whereas I think your pain comes from the pelvis which prevents you from opening your legs and being able to walk. I can open my legs and walk short distances before they collapse beneath me so it is very different to your problems. My friend did opt for a cesearean in the end as there was no way she would deliver vaginally. It is an option for you and should be pushed if that is what you want.
    I do understand how you feel though and it is so frustrating and depressing at times. There are lots of people out there who have it so just keep searching for advice and people to talk to.
    It must be so much harder with another child to look after as well but I can imagine you are doing a fab job. I keep having to remind myself that is is such a short time that we are pregnant and the longer we can bear it the better our babies will be. The fact that the pain will go after the birth is such an incentive to carry on.
    I am now resigned to the fact I am so much more comfortable in bed and its the best place for me image . I'll talk to my phsio about the crutches and see how I go. My midwife is great and I only have one so I am very lucky she is good and NHS.
    Let me know how you go. I'll be in bed most days researching what I can do but I am determined to walk my dog each day to the end of the road and back.Perhaps set yourself a goal like that just to keep going.
    I cant remember if I can pass on web site details of the charity my friend is involved in i will check the terms and get back to you.
    Thinking of you and hope you have some resolve soon. Please keep in touch and let me know how you go one way or another. Try not to cry, I have been crying every day with my partner just cuddling me but the real strength comes from within you. Get lots of magazines, games to play and do the stuff you've always wanted to do like sort out your photos into albums. Hope this doesn't sound too boring
    JO x
  • Ah Jo thanks for that...You made me smile.

In my first pregnancy my SPD was in my coxyx bone, it was the only place i had pain so it could be that!

I only have one midwife also and she just dismisses it, although she is a really nice lady.

My partner has just left work so he can look after me now.

I think you can let people know about various websites cos loadsa people have posted website addresses!

I'll let you know what happens at my appointment on wednesday!

Thanks for your nice words

Heather xxx
  • hello.me again!

Just letting you know that i have my appointment at 11.45 so i'll let you all know how it goes. i'll either be back in a good mood or crying my eyes out cos no one is listening to me.

Speak to you all soon xxx
  • Good luck for your appointment hun.
    Let us know how you get on xxxxxx
  • hey Hevma, let me know how you got on with your appt, i had mine this morning and they booked in a c-section for friday 25th (15days to go) i will be 38+6. he is in transverse presentation and they want to admit me into hospital incase my waters break and the cord comes down and cuts off the oxygen supply...... i really thought they would book me in for an earlier c-section date due to my terrible SPD, but the consultant is worried about lung maturity so better to wait.
    let me know how you got on
    Ingrid 36+4
  • Hiya,

What a waste of flaming time!!! I am so annoyed and so upset that no one is listening to me.

They wont induce me and the consultant doesnt wanna see me again until 41 weeks!!! I cant do it. I really cant.

She contradicted herself. She said my baby feels a bit large, i am very slim so no wonder my hips kill. Doesn't want to induce me in case baby is small. Hang on...didnt she say my baby was bigger?

She also said, if i was in that much pain i would be in hospital. Yeah i would if i had some one to look after my son for the time i was in. Some days i cant move and she just wasnt bothered. I am so upset.

Your so lucky Ingrid. I wish i was getting a section.

Anyone know if there is anything i can do?

Heather

ps...I also have a very high amount of sugar in my urine and they investigating it. maybe thats the reason i have a big baby???

xxxx
  • poor you - I can totally sympathise with the pain. I had to come home from work yesterday, feels like I'm giving in and I'm only 23 weeks.

I would suggest you keep contacting your midwife and be a pain in the arse - tell her your not happy and in pain constantly

Could the sugar indicate gestational diabetes - not sure? Surely they will keep a close eye on you for that?

keep your chin up hon - we are all here for you

Jac
    xxx
  • Yeah it is a sign. i had a GTT at 28 weeks which was normal so looks like its just happening in my last few weeks.

I will be a pain in the arse. they will be so sick of me by the time i've had this baby. I still dont have no birth plan with my needs in it or anything xxx
  • Oh Heather i'm so sorry to hear that. You must be so frustrated. Are you going to try the natural ways to enduce labour? Maybe if you do it enough it will work then you'll be rid of the pain? xxxxxx
  • Hi Hun, Jo here,
    I cant believe they wont offer you a c-section. This is rediculous and to let you go on any further is so unfair. You have to contact your doctor and midwife and get your husband involved. Tell him to kick some arse and do not take no for an answer. Its not the right thing for you to be going through this ammount of pain and it doesn't have to be like this. The only other thing you can do is contact another hospital .It is totally within your right to change hospitals. I was offered another hospital and nearly took it until I met my fab midwife who has put my mind at rest.
    Just call them and demand that someone sees you. Lay it all on thick and dont take no for an answer.
    I really hope they listen.
    JO
    xx
  • Hi have just looked up those web sites for you, apparently my friend is part of the
    The Pelvic Partnership charity
    they have a telephone number for you to call so they may have some advice on how to get the doctors to listen to you.
    Also you can try
    Symphysis pubis dysfunction
    in google.
    Those are the two places my friend has recommended to look at.
    Good luck
  • hi hevma, sorry to hear this, my midwife said to me yesterday, " you need to know how to work the system, she says the NHS is appaling", and is planning to move to NZ! no-one took my SPD seriously until i went to my Dr. and really laid it on thick and she organised me to see the physio at the hosp the next day, i again laid it on thick with the physio, get the dr to sign you off work if you are not already, and be more demanding. my midwife said that we have maternal rights and that we are entitled to get what we need, we do pay our tax and NHS everymonth and deserve to be treated properly. i seriously would not let it lie and do not accept anything less than what you want, you can demand a section but that will be from 38/39wks onwards. please be a stubborn madam.
    ingrid
  • Hi Girls.

I'm gonna go and see my doctor tomoro if i can get an appointment. I agree that the nhs is appalling, all they are bothered about is saving money!!

Any advice wot i could say to my doctor tomoro??

Heather xxx
  • when i chatted to my Dr. i told her i needed to see the physio, i didnt ask i told her politely, i said i am really struggling and finding everyday tasks a nightmare, play up if you have to. my Dr faxed through my history to the hosp physio and gave me their number, i called them and got an appt for the next day, as i said sometimes you have to exaggerate things to get any help, the physio will then wright this in your mat notes and then your consultant will actually see that you have been diagnosed with the SPD and are being treated and then should be a little more kind. are you due to see the consultant again, if not you can request through your Dr to see him and further discuss things, its up to you tho you have to do all the running around and phoning, otherwise it just wont get done. good luck and i hope you see someone today. let me know how you get on.
    Ingrid
  • i cant get in to see my doctor until tuesday!! I'll be 37+5 then. Nightmare! I'm not due to see the consultant again, she doesn't wanna see me until i'm 11 days over!

So i'm seeing my GP next tuesday and my midwife next wednesday. I'll probably have took myself off to hospital by then.

I've just had to go to the supermarket today and felt fine, now i'm in agony!!! I cant even do normal "wifey" things!! GRRRRR!!!

Heather xx
  • Hey hun

Get ur mw to ring the hosptail to make another appointment to see the dr but demind that u get second choice as my mw said we are within our rights to demind on what we want within a good reason and as for u being in pain i can understand what u are going throu as i was gonna ask if i can have c-section due to my SPD but my lo is breech so that kinder helped in a way, i know its sounds nasty when i say that but i was worried they would say no as they did before with my son!!

So just lay it on thick i mean thick, just say to them that u got a child to look after and ur child is looking after u instead of otherway round etc just lay it on thick and sometimes its does work as its did work for a friend of mine when she suffered from SPD

Good luck hun and let me know how u got on!
    Cheriste xxxx