Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Struggling to sleepI

I am 36 weeks today and for the past week I have been struggling to sleep. I find I can't get comfortable and then when I do I wake up every hour needing the loo. It is so annoying as this is the time you want to get as much sleep in as possible while you can, expcept you can't!! Am I on my own?xx

Replies

• your not on your own for the last month i have been getting about 3-4 hours sleep a night i find my self falling asleep on the sofa during the day im that tied but i always get woken up by my 2 year old daughter but im lucky my oh can watch her when i fall asleep last night i only got about 2 hours and today i can not have a nap because we are of the oh's parents for the day so think when i get home i will fall straight to sleep well i hope.

becki 37+5
  • Thanks Becki. Hope you do manage to get some sleep later. I still have another week at work so it probably makes it worse as I know I need to be up for 7am, so get stressed when I am awake in the night. After next week I will probably just chill and have naps in the day, as this is my first so I have the days to myself....not for long x
  • i found i could sllep better when my daughter was born because i culd get comfy again its going to be harder this time as i have to get up early with my daughter.
  • No your not on your own babe i was the same with my other two i found the sofa the best place to sleep when i was that far gone, with this little one im 28 weeks but since 20 weeks i have really restless sleep i just keep waking up every hour or so and go back to sleep with in mins x
  • argh last night i had the worst night i've ever had...just kept turning from one side to the other with no luck of getting comfortable and i was soooooo hot!!! felt really guilty cuz oh didn't get home from work til 1am, i kept him awake til well after 2am and he had to be up for work at 7.30am and i woke him up a few times going the loo aswell! x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/19/1996/199613.png