Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

who has gone thru the birth alone??

have any 1 gone thru birth alone and if u have how was it?
well im a single mum my lo is 9 months old so hel b goin to my dads wen i go into labour and i dnt have a birth partner bcoz my mum has booked her hol for wen im due so if i go into around the same time as i did with my lo itl b 2 days after my due date and ive recently moved so i dnt have many friends n the ones i do have just wudnt want to be there!!

Replies

• Aww, bless you fun, I haven't myself but I didn't want to read and run. Maybe you could post in baby? The ladies might there might be able to reply more xxx
  • Oh love! I haven't but have had a friend who has.. she said it was really hard but she found a real strength within her self that has changed her for the better. Said she feels proud of her self and knows that there are no bounds to what she can do now!

what area do you live in.. is it worth going to any groups or classes..? maybe not be able to find somebody to go with you at the labour but might be a really good source of support for once baby is here?

when are you due? x
  • hi hun, i know they are not cheap but have you thought about a doula or maybe look around for someone that maybe training as a doula to be your birth partner!! xxx
  • i live in bolton! im due in june! in 60 days to be precise lol image it really annoyed me wen my mum had booked her holiday 4 wen im due knowin that i dnt have any1 to be there with me image she also did the same wen jake was born in july but i had craig then!! craigs also said to me that wen charlie is born hes not gunna have him until hes older n can hold his head etc???
    were wud i look 4 a doula n wat r they??
  • Firstly hugs. my mum booked a holiday when i was due despite agreeing to have my older 2, that really upset me so i have a little idea of how you feel.

I would ask your friends you never know they might be willing, if you'd lived near me id have been more than happy to be there, so someone might surprise you and be more than happy.

Could you ask the babys dad? I dont know how things are but my friend had her ex partner for the birth, she said it was weird but she was glad in the end that he was there.

also speak to your midwife, im sure they will look after you if you do end up on your own.

hugs

xxDBxx
  • thanx DB xx i have asked him but he said no!! im hopin him to have jake 4 a few days so i can bond with baby!! he didnt even wanna cum 2 my scan to see if the baby was ok! he said he didnt wanna b in that situation with me!! but yet wen hes not with his gf n we talk hes so nice to me hes a diff person!! i dnt get y hes such a pratt!! im hopin i have a great mw!! i did wen i have jake but that was at a diff hosp!!
  • Me me!! Im not a single mum but with my first baby I went into hospital after thinking I had been in labour all day when I got there they told me I hadnt even dialated anything but they kept me in to monitor baby as I had high puls rate in my third trimester so they settled me in gave me something to sleep and sent my hubby home. Well thats when all the fun began cause whatever they gave me to sleep never worked and I was still in agony and it kept getting worse and worse, In the end up they decided that I needed to have a c section at that point i asked If they had got a hold of my hubby and told him but they hadnt!! So my hubby didnt show up untill they had got baby out cleaned him up weighed him and wrapped him all up and placed him in a little cot beside me. Thats when hubby walked in!! Mind you I cant really remember much of the c section my self cause whatever they gave me to sleep the night before kicked in as soon as they gave me the spinal so I was kind of in and out of sleep I was desperate to stay awake.