Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Getting use to your new shape?

Anybody feel a bit odd about it. I am loving the way my bump looks in clothes but when I am naked I jsut feel very unsexy and fat really. I am not letting hubby really see my naked??

K xx
17+1

Replies

• I wont let OH see me naked, it looks alien to me!!! LOL.
    x
  • My hubby loves it, but hes always liked curvey women so thats probably why, my chest is huge now lol!!

I lilke my bump, I didnt like the fatty stage when I just looked like I had eaten too much but now its a bit firmer I really like it.

18+6 xx
  • Jem I am the same as you, mu hubby loves it.

I really like my bump too I know what you mean about the fatty stage but my bumo is pretty firm now too so it does look a lot better.

18 weeks
  • i started to feel much more comfy once my bump was higher up and much more definite, about 20-22 weeks for me I guess. I also MAKE myself let hubby see me naked as I figure he will see a lot more than just me naked when I give birth, lol!! He says he loves how I look and I'm all bump so no complaints!! x
  • Last night I was getting un-dressed after work into my joggers - I can't sit in my work clothes in the evenings as I get cat fur everywhere! I was standing at the top of the stairs ready to dump my dirty clothes in the laundry basket, mid bending over to pull off my socks, and hubby walked up behind me faced with the sight of my huge arse!

About 3-mins later we were bumping into each other in the bathroom (its really tiny) and I bent over to pull my bottoms up after going to the loo (yes I pee in front of him :lol: ) and he got another face full of my butt. He was like "oh my god, I can't move for your arse!" and we laughed for hours... aaaaah!!! LOL :lol:

NOT a pretty picture but we laughed for a while over it!!!

I've always been a pooh sized person, so him seeing my chub is nothing new!!!

Joo xxx
    32w today!
  • I think it is harder for thin women to get used to having a bump because to them they just look fat. So it takes a while especailly in early pregnancy. But for bigger women it is easier because they have an excuse for the tum.

(Cant wait for my pratice bump to turn into a real one)

• I think it is harder for thin women to get used to having a bump because to them they just look fat. So it takes a while especailly in early pregnancy. But for bigger women it is easier because they have an excuse for the tum.

(Cant wait for my pratice bump to turn into a real one)

• Joo - your post really made me laugh!! xx
  • Thanks girls, thats the silly think though hubby loves it but I just feel really odd about it. In clothes as I said I love the shape I am and love showing it off but naked it just feels all odd to me LOL.

k XX
    17+1
  • It's funny, because naked I still just feel a bit fat (which I'm sure will change when I get bigger and more shapely- I hope!) but H2b sees a definite pregnant tummy, and he saw it first too

17+1 x
  • I'm 36+1 and I absolutely hate my body now!! I lost loads of weight at the beginning because I was really poorly and I do just have a bump and not much fat, but nevertheless, I hate it and can't wait to get something resembling my old body back (and it really wasn't that great to start with!)

However, hubby likes bump!

C xx
  • Im loving having a bump but getting used to the extra couple of inches is proving tricky. Our house is tiny, you open the front door and there is a tiny hallway and a door into the sitting room, last week I was on my way out, I shut the hall door, opened the front door but it got stuck half way cos of my big belly lol, hubby was outside laughing hysterically at me!!
  • ugh im having v hard time adjusting 2 my new shape.. the bump i love, bt my ass has grown n my thighs- well everytyhing... iv had eating dissorder for last 3 years, so body image was huge issue... luckily im eating fine now im preg, bt v worried how il react once iv had him, and no longer have to nourish him aswell as myself..... :O(
  • I love looking at my bump and like to show my naked self off to oh so he can see what we have both created! Luckily the bump is the only thing thats grown on my body and my stomach was the bit I most hated because of my pot belly but now there's a reason for it to be round!
    xxx

• Lol xkelx - that sounds like me! I love my new body naked whereas before I always tried to hide my belly! it is brilliant being able to be relaxed about it! I am sure I will feel huge in the next few weeks though image

Tara 31+2
  • I loved my bump too. I miss it! x