Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

boys names (for the millionth time!)

2»

Replies

• Options
    I had a girl but if it had off been a boy he would have been called Ryan. I also liked the names Aaron & Ronan and my friend ended up calling her twin boys these names recently. My husbands son is called Ethan and I like that name too.Its really hard to decide.
  • Options
    Good luck with choosing a name everyone, we have a lil girl Erin and if she was a boy she would have been Joe so we are going to call this lo Joe if its a boy, or we also like Cain.. other boys names i kile but oh hates are...
    henry, percy, peter, thomas and Eamon.
  • Options
    hi i am five months pg with second baby and we are stuck on boys names too. not finding out the sex but have tonnes of girls names, could go on and on. My first was a boy so named isaac charlie after oh dad so i never really got much of a say that time around. I am determind that this time i will have the final choice but only like one boys name and that is Rohan (big lord of the rings fan!) dont want to pick a name just cos it is the only one i can think of! would like a couple at least to try out once baby is here. anyone get the feeling that not having a boys name picked will mean i will end up with a boy!!! any ideas helpful, not into totally traditional or common names so go wild!!
  • Options
    why not call him peter harry but use the middle name for his every day name then that would make him peter harry
  • Options
    I have just GATE CRASHED!! Up till now was personally convinced I was having a girl so had chosen Olivia Katelyn however after returning from my scan this evening I have found out i'm having a little boy with a big willy! lol

Problem is I said to other half before had he could chose boy's name if I could have Girls name (like i said i was convinced) haha

He likes Charlie or Alfie (i like both but they are sooo common, not in a bad way just every second child is called one or the other) I really like Thomas - but I am open to ideas - and I really need them lol xx help please!!!???
  • Options
    i like George and thomas. my friend called her little boy Keegan which u don't hear that often, which i think is nice. i love molly for a girl and always have so that won't change xxx
  • Options
    I think Matthew Peter would be lovely but the again Im biased as my ds is Matthew Patrick lol! For this one I like Daire if its a boy ( pronounced Dara) but names are so hard to choose boy or girl I think!
  • Options
    i like Fergus, Lennox, Taylor & Lucas

Lois Alexa for a girl - i love lexi but hubby hates its
  • Options
    Hi we dont know what we are having but we are srtuggling to pick a boys name my hubby likes issac oakland but i am not so keen on that i quite like dexter but hubby hates that its so hard, with our daughter we had a name for each and if she were a boy it was mckenzie connor but hubbys sister has since used that and our son is leo jefferson which i love i just cant seem to pick anything as nice, as we have a jordan,dylan, jack,tyler,ethan,lewis,callum,mckenzie and a taylor all in the immediate family close by so we are soooo struggling, but i have decided to try and put it on hold till we find out in 2 weeks as we have picked a girls name so we will see.
    vikki xx
  • Options
    Lots of others struggling with this too then!

Well, my husband and I have been debating all weekend and on Friday night we were calling the baby Finlay, but by Saturday morning we were on to Daniel. We've kind of stuck on Daniel now but I have a horrible feeling this will change again...

I'm just so glad we found out the sex now so we have the time to get it right rather than rushing at the end! We were so set on Harry and then it just didn't feel right. I never understood why women would pick a name and then change it when the baby arrived but I kind of get it now! He's not even here but once the sex was confirmed it didn't seem to fit...
  • Options
    Hi. This thread cheered me up as i due in one week and dont really have boys name.
    We have Lauren Kate, Christopher David, joseph Andrew and Charlie Jack already. for a girl its Amelia Mae and THINK Louis David for a boy (i know we have a david but its such an important name in our family that I want to use it again) OH not really agreed but then again has not said no....
    Also like

Henry, Finlay, Finn, Will, William, Oliver, Alex, Daniel, Robbie and Alfie.

Good luck chosing. Its so bloody hard isnt it????

Joseph took me a while to get used to as OH chose it and i wanted Thomas but now I love it and really suits him. Up to him if he chooses Joe later in life.
  • Options
    my DS is called William but he get called Billy, so have had to scrap at least 2 boys names, those being Harry and Ben, can't have Bill and Ben or William and Harry, now we're stuck, I like Noah but DH isn't kean, We did agree on Oliver, it's his Dad's middle name but my cousin called her LO Oliver in September!!

I hoping it's a girl coz then we can forget boys names but DH swears it's gonna be a boy!!
  • Options
    hi all, im having a boy and couldnt think of any names at the begining ,although i have now come up with Mason Kai.Still not to sure if its deff.Ill have to keep checking on here and see if i find any others that i fancy!
  • Options
    having spent hours searching for this topic i thought i'd bounce it to the top again.

me and OH are also struggling over boys names...be interested if anyone has any to add to this huge list!! image

thanks x
  • Options
    i had a whole list of names i wanted for my son and oh only liked one that was luke and thats what we ended up calling our son others names i liked were hayden, lewis,michael, sam, adam, aiden, ewen, ian, jamie, rowan(loved this for if i had a little boy with red hair as it means little fiery one), matthew, thomas, jake, josh, and oh had a grand total of one on his list lol scott

hope there some help to someone

emma xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone! We are really struggling for boys names too, not sure what we are having but have a feeling its a boy. Names that we have picked so far:
    Caden, Riley, Brayden, Ashton, Bryce, Kyson and my favortie (but OH dosn't like it) is Harley. As for girls we have had a few names including:
    Arizona, Dakota, Kiri, Kyesha, Addison, Skylar and the latest one that we both really like is Talia.
    My friend in Turkey called her little girl this yesterday, do you think it would be wrong to use it too?
    Tammi xxx
    29.6 weeks
  • Options
    My boys names were Farren Alexander and Logan Alexander but i found out Wed im having a little girland im over the moon image

If you like old fashioned names how about Alfie??

I love it image xx

• Options
    Alfie!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Our bump will be a Harry or a Jacob if it's a boy! We've found boys' names much harder than girls. If we have a girl she'll be called Mia Rose or Lilia Grace xxxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/RFV50/.png

• Options
    I'm a teacher too so we have had trouble with names. I haven't taught or even met a Haydn before so that is the name we chose for our 7 month old son. Since he has arrived though I keep hearing the names Caiden and Jayden and I'm wondering how many boys in his class will have a name that rhymes with his. (We deliberately missed the e out of Haydn since my husband is Welsh.)

With the surname Jones we also avoided names like Tom and Vinnie!

We have toyed with the name Wilfred since that was my grandad's name with the intention of shortening it to Wil but I know that some of my family will shorten it to Wilf and I am not so keen on that.

It's a tricky business but I'm sure that the right name will come to us all eventually.