Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Materntiy pay??

Hi ya, a really good website is www.workingfamilies.org.co.uk which will tell you what youre entitled to and how to get it. I wasnt entitled to smp cos i hadnt been with company long enough but they sent me a form called SMP1 (i think) which they had partly filled out so i could claim for maternity allowance which gets paid through the job centre. you also need a matb1 form from the midwife confirming that you are pregnant and what the expected due date is. you can claim for maternity allowance 11 weeks before baby is due and you get it paid for 39 weeks. However you do have to get in contact with your employer. Hope this helps! good luck Vicky x

Replies

• Hello everyone, is anyone clued up on the issue to do with maternity pay. I am employed & have been signed off work sick since i was 6 weeks, i am now nearly 29!

I do not get SSP because i dont earn enough to pay NI & therefore income support have been paying my sick pay since march. I have written to my employer a few times now over the last 2 months & still i get no reply. I havent resigned but because i am being ignored i am not sure what i am entitled to & wether or not i am entitled to Maternity pay???

I really want to resign but will i be left with no money, I feel like i am being pushed out of my job & ever since i fell pg my employer has had no time for me. I was gonna resign under constructive dismissal but will this affect my money situation.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks:\?
  • Hi Tess take a look at this website its the one my employer used for sorting out my maternity

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1154

It also has a copy of the Maternity rights which is quite useful.

Claire x
  • The job centre are currantly running 8 weeks behind on Maternity Allowance so be prepared for a long wait before you get your claim sorted image I have about another 2 weeks before I'm going to ring them up and start pestering them! lol
  • hi tess1. When you have a min can you check in the July posts as i've posted you a question on there. Cheers Michelle xxxx