Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How uncomfortable is a little foot stuck in your rib!!

Bless her, my little one loves having her foot in my left rib!! Anyone else got this and got any tips on how to tease her out of it? LOL xxxx

Replies

• Oh SJ you are determind to make me cry today! You keep posting about everything that's bothering me. I am so happy to be pregnant and yet am turning into a grumpy moany old cow about it because I am so bloody uncomfy.

My little one loves to get wedged under my ribs (mainly my left too) and i can't cope with the agony any more! It's driving me absolutely mental. It's been for most of the day for about 2 weeks and it's driving me insane! I can't sleep properly, in fact I can't think of anything else except removing the little tinker's foot!!

I tend to spend time on all fours, lean over the sofa or the stairs (as I have not bought a birthing ball yet).

Finally OH has learnt this position is not an invitation for anything else and now tends not to notice!!!!!!!
  • Oh I don't mean to make you cry. I also love being pregnant but I think we do need to moan a bit - how else would we vent our frustrations?

Hahaha!!! My OH is still attempting to use it as an invitation when I assume that position - the little bugger!!

I have noticed that if he talks to her and applies a little bit of pressure to the spot where she is, she does tend to ease off a little bit!

At my nephews christening yesterday I veen had my OHs tie around my rib area to ease the pressure - that makes me sound insane but it worked to some degree!!

I honestly can't wait for to make an appearance but the pressure often gets too much image

• I am getting that a lot at the moment, I never had it with my other two it is so painful/uncomfortable. I think this baby is going to be another big one! I am also trying to enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible as I know it is my last but it is hard when you are sooo tired.

Debbie
  • I had this a few weeks back and i definately dont want it again...makes you feel like your paralysed. But i found it helped sitting and wiggling about on my excercise ball as it encouraged him to move around
  • Mine was always the left one too, weird! Mind, she's dropped down a lot so my rib has repaired itself but it was only a short time ago it was fecking killin me for weeks. The ONLY thing that helped me was putting a bag of ice onto the area - it numbed the pain and forced her to move as she wasnt keen on the chilliness. It doesnt last forever and you will have to keep applying the coldness everyday, but it does ease it for a bit xx
  • oh oh oh - It sounds so uncomfortable but at only 16 weeks I can't wait for these things to start happening for me !!!!! It must be exciting too!
  • i find pushing down on my bump just by the (right side for me) tends to get him moving for a bit till he comes back again think he just likes hurting me lol
  • I get it all the time - always on my right side. Night time is the worst. She is sooo active at the moment. Just over four weeks left though ... getting really nervous/excited now.