Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

EARLY SCAN AT 7+2, PLEASE HELP

HI LADIES

I AM GOING TO BOOK A SCAN FOR NEXT FRI WHEN ILL BE 7+2, I WAS WONDERING IF ILL HAVE A "NORMAL" SCAN THIS EARLY OR WILL THEY DO AN INTERNAL ONE ?

IM DESPEARTE TO GO BUT REALLY DONT WANT AN INTERNAL.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A SCAN ROUND ABOUT THIS TIME ?

THANKS X

Replies

• they should be able to do a scan just on your tummy.....i had a internal scan when i was 5 weeks then went back 2 weeks later and didnt need an internal scan

lelly
    xxxx
  • with ds i had an internal scan at 6+5, with this pregnancy i had a normal scan at 6+6 and again at 7+5...if u do need an internal please don't worry, they'll probably try thru the belly first and if they can't get a clear enough view they'll do an internal, they don't hurt at all and are perfectly safe. xx
  • thanks girls, i no im just being selfish, im soo desparate to see my wee bean but really dont like anything like that (dont get me started on smears !!!)
  • oh thanks for your reply hayley, so true about the dignity !!! im new to this so im sure in time ill be fine
  • If you are slim or a normal weight they will see the baby with a normal scan.

I had a scan at 7+5 but because I'm overweight all they could see was my very full bladder and the yolk sac!

The internal scan is fine - all they do is insert a stick, it doesn't hurt at all - she didn't even look at my bits when she did it, that's how easy it goes in! It is nothing like a smear if that's what you're worried about! :\)
  • at my 12 week scan I had a normal scan and an internal as they couldnt quite get the measurements they needed (very wriggly bubs and I learnt I have a slightly tilted uterus ?!- never knew before) I was also very slim pre preg so weight wasnt an issue- it was no where near as unpleasent as a smear though!! and to be honest when your laid there wanting to see your baby you wont care!!! xxx
  • Hi Molly, I just wanted to re-iterate what the girls above have said. The internal is nothing like a smear, it barely even goes in and it doesn't hurt in anyway. At 7 weeks though may be be prepared that they will do internal if they can't see anything, so I agree maybe the 8 week mark would be a better idea. That was when my Dr was going to refer me too as he said you can see more xx
  • I had a scan at 7+2 and had an internal - I'm normal build and weight but they didn't even try an external! It really isn't bad though and you soon forget there's something 'up there' when you see the little bean on the screen!!! Good Luck!!x
  • I had an early scan where they dated me at 7+1 but I thought I was a week ahead so they did a normal scan and found the baby straight away so you shouldn't have any problems.
    Good luck!
  • Where I go they always try an abdominal first than move on to vaginal if they can't see enough. I had an internal at 4+6 and an abdominal at 6+6 (I was very surprised about this as I was so sick I was sure there was no water left in me!) x
  • not sure on the weight thing, at my 6+5 internal with ds i was a size 12-14, at my 6+6 normal and 7+5 normal i was/am a size 18....
  • yep like hayley said, as long as you have a full bladder that should push up your uterus enough for them to get a good look from your tummy. We have a babybond scan at 6+2 and they didn't do and internal as i was SO busting for a wee we had picture perfect photos lol xx
  • i had an external scan at 6 + 4, they couldn't see much but they could def see a heartbeat. the baby looked like a flashing blob lol

gemma 32 +3
  • I had one at 8+3 even though the sonographer dated me at 7+4 (she was extremely wrong and I was infact 8+3!) and I had an external scan. like the girls have said, just make sure you go with a full bladder and am sure an internal wont be necessary x
  • I had a scan at 7+1, they tried an external one bit could only see full bladder and yolk sac so they had to do internal one and they saw a heartbeat