Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby movements in late pregnancy

Hi all im 38+3 and since Friday my baby movements have suddenly got alot less and weakened which i find quite worrying as thursday he was bouncing around as usual. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• Hi
    I would call the hospital just to be on the safe side - they will prob ask you to go in just so they can listern to baby for a while - its best to go and get checked and then you will stop worring
    Don't think your wasting there time thats what they do ! and they would rather you go in just to be sure
    I'm sure things are ok but why sit at home and worry?
    I've been into hospital twice in the last few weeks due to baby being in stupid position and they were really good with me

Good Luck and let us know how you get on
    Caz xx
  • I've had this and went in to hospital last week but everythings fine apparently!!

Sarah-Jane

37+2

xxx
  • Ive been listening to him on the doppler and his heart rate is as strong as ever so im not worrying... If its still like this on tuesday then ill speak to my mw as i have an appointment then... was just wandering if anyone else was experiencing it x
  • I had reduced movements with my first baby at 38 weeks and when I called the mw she told me to phone the hospital. They said it could just be that there isn't as much room but to come in and get checked.

When got to hospital they put a moniter on me and baby started doin a merry dance!! They still kept me in tho and I ended up being induced two days later- turned out the cord was around babys neck which they then said explianed lack of movement.
  • oh god! now im worried!!
  • Me too!!!!!!
  • I think the little fella is playing games with me..after posting this topic i had a little sit down and hes been wriggling around like normal, with quite a few braxton hicks included! I think because im still having atleast 10 movements within the 12 hour period im not going to worry.