Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Travel sickness bands to ease morning sickness

Hi

can anyone help me who has had used travel sickness bands for morning sickness? My ms has been getting worse over the last few days, but thankfully I have been able to work from home. Next week onwards I will have to do my usual hourly drive to work. I've brought some travel sickness bands as my SI recommended them, probably a silly question, but should I sleep in them, or just put them on when I start to feel sick - at the moment this is about 30mins after getting up?
I should be looking forward to the long weekend but I'm worrying about Tuesday morning already.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Replies

• I'd put them on when you get up - they can become a bit uncomfortable after a while so I wouldn't want to be sleeping in them!
  • I wore them all day everyday till about 14 weeks, once I got the points in the right place they were fab, dont know what I'd have done without them! They were uncomfy at first but I got used to them

• Hi,
    I had them and slept in them because I would feel sick right after breakfast so needed them first thing!
    They can be a bit uncomfortable if you put them on the wrong bit though!
  • I used to wear mine all the time but they can get uncomfortable so I wouldnt sleep in them. Try actupunture if your MS gets unbearable, I did this with my first as I was sick 24/7 and lost over 2 stone in weight and then I went to a drop in clinic (which was a lot cheaper) and tried the acutpunture which helped straight away...best of luck x
    H
    38 wks today
  • Thanks for all your replies ladies
  • hi hun I wore them throughout both my pregnancies, sometimes they did not work but they was great, really did keep my mind off the sickness to xx
  • I swore by them for a few weeks but then the sickness came back so not sure how great they actually were...but i was so ill that i would have tried anything!! They do get sore after a while so i wouldnt recommend sleeping in them,especially if u are sleeping ok at the minute. I slept sound and then put them on as soon as i got up. Also, make yourself eat something as soon as possible cos sometimes that helps too. Good luck!! I threw up til 16 weeks so wouldn't wish that on anyone!!
  • they didnt help me,its gonna be trial and error to find what works for you

sarah
  • G/C i used these second time as i didnt feel sick first time i wore them all the time even slept in them for the beginning of my second pregnancy they were great
  • I have worn them night and day since 7 weeks, I'm now 16 weeks and scared to take them off! lol they are great but after a while do get quite sore, I dont know if my wrists will ever recover, lol, but in terms of reducing the amount of vomiting I had, I think they did, I still threw up a lot but I think these really do help
  • I was alright up until 6 weeks, now nearly 8 weeks pregnant and have constant sickness from when I wake up all throughout the day. People suggested the sickness bands and they worked wonders haven't had any nausea or sickness since wearing. I use sea bands from boots a little more expensive but worth it in my opinion worked better than boots brand. Worth a try, I wanted anything to help the sickness, I'm sure other mums feel your pain like me also :)