Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Why does it all happen at once??? (mini rant, sorry!)

Hello ladies and bumps, hope you are all feeling well! I've had a rather crabby 2 weeks, and i'm so fed up now! Started last monday, had my appointment at the hospital and ended up being admitted due to my blood pressure, protein in my urine, headache etc etc. Was there for the night and everything settled so was allowed home. Went back this monday, BP was up, again, but consultant said it wasnt too bad and that the aspirin (low dose daily) seems to be helping for now so i could go home and just be monitored regularly.
Yesterday mt headache was so bad, relly awful, and i had flashing in front of my eyes worse than ever, the only way i can describe it is that whatever i look at looks like its caught in a snowstorm if that makes sense. So back to MAC i go, more bloods, my arms are so bruised!! We had a little highlight there, a woman came in because her waters had gone, was meant to have a once over then go home as she'd planned a homebirth, however 20 minutes later she delivered her baby!!!!
But anyway back to the poor me story lol, my bloods came back ok, levels are rising but still in normal range so thats good. Different doctor yesterday, decided i need to see my midwife twice a week. DH is home so he did the school run) But the midwife turned up! I'm there in my nightie (complete with special k spillage down the front) house is a total tip, dog hair everywhere, breakfast bowls still on the table, tools everywhere as DH is building a shed etc etc. She was very lovely about it though, said she's seen worse houses, but i'm sure she was trying to spare my blushes! BP was ok, but wee test showed bit of protein and blood, and, shock horror, glucose!! I did say to her i've had this a few times and nobody has mentioned it, but she was a little concerned about it, so has decided i have to go for a glucose tolerance test in 4 weeks! I just feel like everything that could go wrong is going wrong at the moment, probably not helped by the fact that my head hurts so much and i just feel generally under the weather. Me and DH are bickering because i think he thinks i'm playing on it, but honestly most of the time i sit on the sofa looking at my messy house, willing myself to get up, but i just cant muster the energy. And then i get annoyed at myself for wallowing, and try to do something, which makes me feel iller, and so the vicious circle continues.
Oh, and now, my washing machine has broke!!! So now have to come up with the money to replace it, and be without a washing machine for a week or so, which in this house means we'll all be buried under a pile of washing within 3 days.
Forgive me for yet another woe to me post, its becoming a habit, but i just want to know when it'll all end and my happy ever after will begin! I read every fairy tale going growing up, i have a right to the happy ending dammit!!!!
Sorry guys, rant over, i promise my next post will be cheerful! image

Replies

• Hi

rant away. it good to let it all out LOL.

hope everything goes ok for u. how far along are u?

chaxxx
    15/6days
  • Hi, i'm 24+5 now, so over halfway! I'm hoping i'll have the baby a little early, maybe 37 or 38 weeks would be nice! If only we had a choice in these matters!!! It does feel good to let it all out, i dont say much to family and friends because i hate people thinking i'm not coping! Maybe i should just call my mum and ask for a hand with the washing, that'd be one less thing to stress out about! xxx
  • I'm the same as u about not letting anyone think i can't cope, as it is my family says when child is born and hubby has gone back to work i'll be in town with them! s (i live about 1/2 hour from them) so to prove that i can cope i Purposely won't come into town. ( i hope)
    Thats a good idea ringing ur mum i'm sure she won't mind helping out and it will take some of the pressure off u.
    as for house tell hubby to do it as ur carrying his unborn child all by urself after all LOL.

chaxxx
    15/6days

chaxxx
    15/6days
  • hahahah cha, i love that idea! In fairness to him he has been doing a lot of it, so i shouldnt really complain!!!
    Oh, to add to my good news, DS has just come down with a sickness bug, so lots of pukey sheets and no way of washing them! What fab timing he has!!!! xx