Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Movement - can anyone reassure me please?!?!

Hi ladies,

What have your experiences of baby's movement been like so far? I'm 18+1 and have started to feel wriggling over the last couple of days. However, I haven't felt anything at all today and in my normal neurotic way have already started panicking! Can anyone offer any wisdom, is it normal for movements to come and go in the earlyish stages?

Thanks very much and hope you're all well xxx

Replies

• Hi hun, it's completely normal to go a few days without feeling anything at that stage, baby still has alot of room so s/he is probably wiggling constantly but you just can't feel it yet. I'm nearly 24 weeks and there's still days when I feel very little from my little madam so don't worry.
    If it's really stressing you out though, give your mw a ring and she can reassure you abit more

Jo xx
    23+5
  • Babies have days where they move a lot and others where they are quiet. I am 30+1 and my madam gives me the occasional fright still!! I usually have a cold glass of water and lie down and she usually gives me a good jolt/movement which reassure me she's still ok!

At ur stage hun I wouldnt worry too much, baby has plenty of room to move and depending on which way baby is laying you can feel them more or less.

xxx
  • probably wasn't til around 24weeks that I started to feel definite movements every day. at your stage time I felt most was if I had a shower then lay still on bed afterwards.
  • Phew - thanks very much for that - will stop panicking now! And just felt a little squirm from the bean too!!! :\)
  • Glad to hear baby is giving you a kick for worrying so much image xx