Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

clothes

hola...
just wondering, with maternity clothes do u buy your usual size? n thy have the extra added bit?
what r the maternity sizes like from NEXT?...

Replies

• hiya, with maternity clothes u just buy your normal size.
    i have always found the ones from next come up slightly bigger. hth xx
  • Yes you buy your normal size Vicky is right though next came up bigger for me best to just try your size on first and then go down.

I thought I would get the ones with a small band but they fell off me the only ones that fitted me was the bands that went right over the bump LOL I was only 11 weeks!!

I got a nice black dress for work from Next.

K xx
    17+1
  • ah oky- am ordering online so cant try b4 i buy- il get a couple of sizes n send them bk
  • K-Lou is right about the full bands, I have jeans with stretchy panels in the pockets and everytime I go upstairs they end up round my knees!!! I also have a pair that go all the way up and they are the most comfy jeans ever.
  • Hya!

when i was 17/18weeks i went trying maternity trousers on and i found that they expect you to be massive early lol! i went to dorothy perkins and tried my usual size 12 on but they were massive!ended up with a size 10 and even they were slightly big so bought a belt which worked and eventually i grew into them more, think you do right ordering a few different sizes and send the ones that dont fit back.xxx

xxD&Bumpxx (36+4)
  • I am usually a size 12, but found that size 10 mat clothes fitted me best during weeks 10 - 18 (ish). then I wore size 12 for a bit, but now I'm in a size 14.

I too find that the jeans with the stretchy pocket panels end up round my knees - and bubs doesn't seem to like it when I try to wear a belt!! I usually either wear the over the bump kind, or put a bump band round (to hold them up).

Nx
    33+5
  • i am having problems finding any trousers that fit me, i am a size 6 and only have a bump but not gained weight anywhere else and maternity trousers seem to be bigger all over they dont cater for little people like me who only have a bump image its really hard xx
  • leggings r great! a life saver.... thy have them in newlook- size 6.. im also size 6 so finding trousers is tough
  • leggings r great! a life saver.... thy have them in newlook- size 6.. im also size 6 so finding trousers is tough