Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Upset-Advice needed

2»

Replies

• I am sorry to here your thread... If it was totally the way your mother behave in n argument I would say stick to your guns and dont give in when they say its making her ill, no one obviously worried about how u were feeling.. as for the cord, an open mind is needed really as my partner is a bit like urs but he managed to cut it...

Looking at date you posted you would have had your baby by now... hope the birth went well and everything is now all sorted

Take care x x
  • k i know you have had a lot of replies but i thought i'd give you my lil thought , i have a feeling i'll be doing something similar with the MIL She's a very controlling person and i don't stand for it. I feel bad for my partner as its his mother but she's the type of person who will try and play mom to the baby. and i hate it! i know i'm a very private person and won't feel up to company after having my lo. I have a feeling i may have to ask the nurses to restrict who comes in so i don't get harrassed by them. they feel they have more rights to things than they have. It's very stressful and upsetting especially as teh hormones are making everything seem like an act of war. for example... what do you need for the baby....(list reeled off) how about a noonoo? ... a what.... a teddy head attached to a blanket... nope don't really need one of those just yet thanks... well tough coz your getting one. All this because his 6mth old niece LOVES hers image surely asking what we need then offering something we don't need is senseless! (sorry i'm griping about my MIL's behaviour) but your best bet is to stay stress free and relazxed to help the baby and ignore the mother even though i know its hard. She should not have control over your life... would you do the same to your child and how would you expect them to react? image just my thoughts image
    Debz
    Wilts
  • Hey Michelle,

I hope you have better luck than me when you tell her. My oh will be letting everyone know once I've had the baby and if he choses to tell my mum then so be it, like i've said before she will no doubt find out from someone else the minute I go into hospital. I did receive a text from her on Wednesday night saying that I am selfish and the reason she thinks this is cos i wouldn't let her touch my bump or be at the hospital - I have let her touch my bump before but this stubborn one just wouldn't move for her lol and so i don't want to be sat there all day with her poking and prodding at my bump, it's just not how I am, I love my oh feeling s/he kick but that's about as far as it goes. Anyway I am due on Monday so here's hoping this little one arrives then and can put an end to all this nonsense, lol.

• Why is it that people think its ok to touch your bump!!! It isn't!!! My mother knows damn well I don't like it and at my wedding I still had to put up with both mothers thinking it was ok if they touched the side of my bump.. the only reason I didn't say something rude was cause I promised hubby I'd behave!! Oh and then I had to put up with my mother sulking when I said to my friend 'oh do you want to touch teh bump' all jokey like becasue I know my friend definately wouldn't want to touch the bump..she hates all things pregnancy related. Even when my friend said 'no i don't thats disgusting' and I laughed at her my mother was still sulking!

Don't blame you for not wanting your mum poking your bump for ages... my lo is a stubborn bugger too and won't move when hubby tries to feel him. The only other person I'll tolerate touching the bump is my mate - and baby won't move for her either!!

Stick to what you want... if you let people get their own way now they will expect to get tehir own way all the time!