Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Movement

Hi ladies,

I am 21+5 and started feeling movement about a week and a half ago. It started off with one or two light twitchy feelings and now when I feel movement it tends to go on for a bit longer. I'm still only really feeling her move at 3 or 4 points throughout the day though, but it can last for a couple of minutes each time.

When should I start to try and pay attention to how much she is moving? I have to admit that it was only a few days ago that her movements started getting stronger and already I'm worrying when I don't feel anything all morning etc! I don't want another 18 weeks of worrying. image

Also, when did you all start to feel regular movements? I love feeling the movement and can't wait to feel it more often!

Kat xx

Replies

• I think generally the mw say to take note more around 24 wks as then tends to be more routine movements around then... mines changing all the time- Im 25+2 now and just when I think I know the routine~ baby will change and have a wiggle around at all times of day and night- its defo getting more often now ~ I suppose baby needs to make the most of having the space while it can!
    It is such a worry when you think you havent felt them move today etc... but if you are ever really concerned then get in touch with you mw~ best for her advice..... x x
  • I was told 24-28 weeks and even then not to expect a routine to develop til about 30 week mark - I didn't feel something every day til about 21 weeks and even then it could just be once or twice a day xxx
    T 30+1
  • Hi Kat
    I have a friend who's due in July so is obviously a bit further along than us September girls but she was told from 30 weeks onward to count the kicks through the day. Think she was to count a minimum of 10 per day????
    Are our due dates similar? (I'm 3rd Sept) and I think I've read that you also have an anterior placenta like me (sorry if I've got you mixed up!) Mine moves most in the evening when I'm watching TV or in bed. I'm like you & want to feel baby move all day to reassure me but I'm sure it won't be long before we get full blown whacks from them image

Try not to worry, I'm sure your little one is just fine
    xx
  • Thanks everyone. I do have an anterior placenta DaisyMay, so I'm assuming that the placenta will still cushion some of the movement still.

It's only been the past couple of days where I've started feeling movements during the day and feel that it's likely to now take up a lot of my day thinking about it!! xxx
  • In my last pregnancy I was told to keep a note of movement as soon as baba started, but not to kick count (saying that if I had to go in the hospital they would ask) but to make sure that there was no decrease in the movement.

My mw was very much of the option that we know our little ones annd will feel if their has been a decrease to movement.

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/08m4.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev281pr___.png

• i was told not to worry about movement until 30 weeks and as long as you get at least 10 movements a day (doesnt matter for how long or how strong) thats what matters...

i didnt feel baby move until nearly 23 weeks and it didnt get strong until about 28/29 weeks...

have had a trace done and a few private scans for reassurance by 32 weeks baby started moving loads which was a relief...

Lx