Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ot wish mum had not said anything

Hi all
Well my mum came a visisted me today as she alway dose on her day's off and was sat chatting when she was talking about one of her friends daughters who just had a baby.
The sad thing is that the baby only stayed alive for 45 min as she was born with menigitus what puzzels me is how did a baby in the whomb contract it if the mother was healthy as she was and i know mum needs some one to talk to about things but i wish she had not spoken to me about this as now i am worrid that something will happen to my baby i have all sorts of what if's going around in my head now .
I feel so sorry for this person as it must of been so hard to have given birth to her baby then to have to say bye to her 45 mins after . It's amazing what can go on inside i gess . i hope i have not worrid anyof you sorry
kirsty & bump 32+1weeks

Replies

• Options
    A very good freind of mine's daughter died about ten minutes after being born because she had caught pnemonia in the womb but my freind wasnt ill at all. She is so brave and is due her second child next week. I must say that the thought crosses my mind that the worst could happen to my baby but these types of things are so incredibly rare that you would waste your life worrying too much about them when there is nothing you can do, but put it in god's hands, or fate, or whatever you believe in.

[Modified by: faithie on June 30, 2010 05:32 PM]

• Options
    Have a word with ur midwife hun an im sure she will reassure u x xx