Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hiding pregnancy in first trimester

Hi. I just found out that I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my fourth child.
My husband wants us to wait until after our dating scan before we break the news to friends and family. How can I hide the fact tjat I'm pregnant? I already have a bump (a customer at work today could see by my tummy that I'm in the family way) I already have a bump and not sure how to hide it.
Any advice would be great xx

Replies

• First of all congratulations image When I was roughy 7 weeks I got really bloated and all though it wasn't a proper bump it looked almost the same as my 16 week bump did. My mum actually asked me if I was pregnant and I just used the old 'as if I wouldn't tell you! Bla bla bla' and saidthat j had been eating what I wanted when I wanted to get over my winter blues and had I really gained that much weight?! Haha, worked a treat. If you are asked, just look really offended teehee. I loved the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy, just because me and my h2b has our little secret image
    HTH image
    Ally, 36+2 xx
  • Jus wear loose vests around family? An likealzywalzywoo says if they comment just look offended! lol. How did u manage to keep all the others a secret?
  • I'd say deffinately wait if you can....I had a miscarriage in april and DH and I had told all our family and friends as we are so excited!! I know it's hard not to tell people, but trust me it's so much harder to tell people if something bad were to happen. Just found out i'm PG again image and this time we're deff waiting til our 12 week scan....what's a few weeks right?? and time just goes so quickly anayway!!
    x x x
  • Hi, we didn't have an option but to tell family due to them staying with us for a weekend whe I was 7/8 weeks and me having terrible morning sickness lol, but I have managed to keep it quiet at work (well no one's asked anyway). I have a 'bump' and have had for weeks now. I'm now 11+4 and can't wait till our scan (thursday) so I don't have to hide it anymore.

I've basically been wearing baggy t-shirts and dresses to try to hid the bump. I think at worst people may think that i've just put some weight on lol. Good luck though hiding it, it's been ery difficult for me, especially hiding the bump, working out what I can/can't wear on a morning!
  • Could you manage to get some maxi-type dresses and empire-line tops and dresses - thess are in fashio now, great to wear in this weather and should hide any 'bumpage' or bloating.

I would wait as long as you can if you can.

Congratulations too!!

xxx
  • Hiding pregnancy experts are on that TV series, Secretly Pregnant and they're casting now for the second season.

http://giganticproductions.tumblr.com/post/22672893058/still-casting-for-the-2nd-season-of-secretly-pregnant

• The empire waist dressesor tops have a high waistline. It is looser than most silhouettes, which means that full-figured person can have a try. So if you preganant, you can also wear it to hide pregnancy. image