Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bio Oil when and where to apply it?

I have been recommened this by severel people who says it really good so just got some

It say to use twice a day on tummy, brests, hips, thighs and lower back, do you really need it everywhere and to use from first timester, when did you start using cream and where do you apply it to?

Do you apply it twice a day, advise on when and where you apply it to, also when did you start using it.

Also when did you start getting morning sickness njot that I want it but still waiting.

Thank you.

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev247pr___.png

Replies

• Hiya, I have started using bio oil once daily during the first trimester and went up to twice daily from the second trimester. I apply it to my stomach and hips/waist predominantly but I do put some on my boobs (just dont take as long massaging it in there) and I have just started applying it to my thighs.

As for morning sickness I cant comment as I was one of the fortunate ones never to develop this!

Becky

27+5

• You just need to apply it where you would normally stretch if you gained weight. Thighs, tummy (usually above belly button) waist and top of boobs.

With my first pregnancy I got morning sickness at 12 weeks and it continued through my pregnancy.

This time around I got it around 6 weeks and it continued to 12 weeks then suddenly stopped. I still have the odd day where im sick or feel queasy but Im through the worst of it. not everyone gets it and they are usually the lucky ones - its not nice image

Don't be taken in by the term 'morning sickness' though. it can occur any time of day!!
  • I applied it twice a day from about 12 weeks on tummy, hips, thighs and boobs. I'm prone to them on my hips anyway so I concentrated especially hard on that area - but I still got them there :roll: Happily the rest of me escaped. I reckon the Bio Oil did bugger all, personally, but I had to try or I would have always wondered "what if I HAD used it...?"

As for morning sickness - I never had any, I felt fit as a fiddle image Hope you escape too.
  • I had morning sickness from about week 6 to 10. It is horrible, (Do you say that you do want to get it? Is that just because you'll feel more "pregnant" that way? that's how I felt, and the novelty wore of very fast!)

I used Palmers coco butter for the first 25 weeks, and think it is just as good as bio oil, but I got some bio oil for Xmas and i do like it. I tend to just slap it everywhere, whenerver I can be bothered (usually after a shower in the morning, or at night)
  • Oh I must get better at applying it twice a day. I have also read and ben told that you should do your "bits" which sounds a bit gross, but can apparently reduce tearing. I am up for trying anything that might reduce tearing!
  • I haven't used bio oil specifically, but I have used other moisturisers and stretch mark creams. I apply it all over my tummy area, I actually was told most people get marks below the belly button so make sure i put lots on there. I also put it all over my boobs, but avoid the nipples, as I've heard it can block the milk ducts (not sure if that's true, but worth doing I thought!), all round my back as far up as i can (around the love handles area), my bottom and thighs. Fingers crossed it will work. I am 23+3 and have a big bump already and no stretch marks, but I have heard they usually appear in the third trimester.

As for morning sickness, mine started around 6-7 weeks, started to get a bit better at around 10 weeks and was pretty much gone by 13 weeks.

xxx

[Modified by: Moomin on January 09, 2009 02:45 PM]

• Hi love,

I have been using this have been trying to use it just before bed though some night I have been so tired I just flake out.

I put them on my boobs, hips, bum and belly though will do my lower back now as well I think.

I have heard about women saying you should use some sort of oil down believe though I think thats a differnt oil to Bio oil.

Morning sickness is awful I never had till about 6 weeks i really wanted it as it made me feel more preg and made me feel like everything was ok and it's awful i am 10 weeks not and just want it to go away!!!

K xx
    10+1
  • hi i used cocoa butter till around 23 weeks on whole body then started to use bio oil in the morming/after a shower on bump, hips, lower back and boobs and i also used clarins stretch mark cream at night on bump, boobs, hips, lower back.

i will be using olive oil from 34 weeks to do perenial massage.

i had nausea from 6 weeks till 15 weeks but luckily feel great now.

25+5

xx
  • Thank you, no I don't want morning sickness but just wondered when it happened for you guys. Did use bio oil last night, just a bit and its very oily, Maybe thats a good thing, will continue to use it after a bath just before going to bed, maybe like k-lou will put a bit on bum as I have a little cellulite there.

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev247pr___.png

• I want to ask. That I want to use bio oil. N its my sixth month. Its safe or not.. In this period if I m using this oil its works or not???I want to ask. That I want to use bio oil. N its my sixth month. Its safe or not.. In this period if I m using this oil its works or not???