Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How BIG is your baby personally at 20 week scan?

hiya girls

my babies is 2 pounds already... thats quite big is in it? i'm a bit worried can any one else tell me the weight roughly of there babies at the same time?

thanks x image (just thinking of the birth) image

Replies

• Options
    Average baby weight when born is about 3.5 - 4 kg (7.7 - 8.8 pounds).

So half way there your baby is only 2 pounds, so I say has room to grow more :P Nothing to worry aboutimage
  • Options
    The weight on mine scan was 454g which i think converts to 1 pound?????? Altho shes much bigger now hehe

Cara
    35+1
  • Options
    My scan was at 22+4 and baby weighs 624g which is about 1 and a half pounds I think. I wouldn't worry - they will all put on weight differently but even out eventually!

Lianne (23+3)
  • Options
    At my 20 week scan (although I was 22 weeks) my bubby weighed 1 lb 2oz.

Wow it_must_be_love sounds like your having a 20lber lol only kidding. Each baby grows at different speeds it's normal for your bubby to be around that weight.

C
    xx
  • Options
    hi hun,i know im further but i had a scan yday at 30 wks n my baby is nearly 4 lb xx
  • Options
    i had a 4d scan at 26 weeks and bubba was 2lb xx
  • Options
    I had ascan yesterday my boy was 1lb3 at 22 weeks and they said that this was a little big for his gestation as at 22 weeks they are usually around 14oz. I will say when they do the measurements they are not always accurate i had a scan the day before I had my daughter and they said she weighed 7lb7 and she was born at 7lb so hey can be off by a little or I had a friend who had a scan at 32 weeks and baby measured a huge 6lb so they induced her a week early and baby weighed 7lb12 which made no sense at all to the doctors why the scanners measured that big in the first place.

Did they say anything to you as 2lb sounds maybe a bit too big they dont usually get to that weight til at least 28-30 weeks? I already know I shall be having growth scans later on due to his size as all his measurements were at 95 plus on the scan and I my uterus is measuring 5 weeks ahead too. My little girls were weaners compared to this!
    xxx
  • Options
    I am insulin resistant and something to do with my Sugars making the baby bigger than normal and they 'have to keep and eye on me and baby' I cant take metformin because it can cause deformities in the baby so i'm told by the consultant! I wouldnt mind since getting pregnant I really havent been eating much as most things turn my stomic after a couple of mouthfuls!
    But I am showing LOADS already its all baby tho if you look at me ive actually lost weight of my bottom and hips but the bump is big (acctually massive) and solid!

At first when I was finding out he was big for his age i though - oh great I can tell people THATS why my bump is so big lol its my baby thats the heffer NOT ME! lol

but on thinking about it - i'm think oh god its ME that has got to get this heffer out!

I'm covering a materity post at work (and felt pregnant upon starting) but the woman i'm covering for gave birth at 7 and a half months and her baby was on 3 pounds - i'm two and a half months behind her and my baby is already WELL on the way to that!

So worrying a bit now... wonder where other babies are at (i know they could of got it a bit wrong) but trying to prepare myself just encase! lol thinking i'll start the perinal massage NOW! and doing my pevic floor excerises! xx
  • Options
    I would start massaging too lol, I had trouble with both my girls and they were only 6lb and 7lb the one that was 7lb came 4 weeks early so could have been big! Been told if I go to term I am looking at maybe a 9lb plus and I am crapping myself at the thought of that.

You may find if he does get too big they will induce you early as they dont like to let babies get too big.

Dont you hate it when others feel the need to comment on bump and the size! I am having it all the time and I didnt mind it as long as they are not comparing with other people. I was pregnant last time at the same time as a friend and all the way through mine got compared to hers, I ended up hating it!

This time round I have let the chocolate take over and unfortunately for me it has gone straight to hips and bottom!

Sorry I have rambled as you can tell I am slightly bored!

Good luck

http://bd.lilypie.com/vmFe0/.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev199pb___.png

• Options
    How come you all know what your baby weighs at the 20 week scan?! I have my measurments from the 20 week scan - he was a bit bigger than average on them - but I don't have any weights.

Right now I am measuring 34cm at 34 weeks and my lo is 6lbs. Which seems HUGE for the gestation! It also says he will be 9lbs at term. My midwife told me to ignore the charts though and expect him to be just over 8lb. xxxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IzQX0/.png

• Options
    Do you know whats worrying me as well tho is I havent really felt him yet either - i felt him (bubbles) once at 14 weeks and 1 day and now i'm 21 weeks and 3 days and he is a big baby and I haven't felt him properly yet a part from that one time - which althought at the time i'm sure it was him now am starting to question myself! I know he is okay cause last week I had a scan and heard his heart beat the following day but it doesnt stop me worrying about him - oh what to do? x
  • Options
    You probably have an anterior placenta (it's nothing to worry about, just means you don't feel many movements), you can check on your notes. I have it and didn't feel movements till 19+4, and I didn't feel a lot of movement until 30+ weeks. xxxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IzQX0/.png

• Options
    lol I was saying to baby's daddy 'oh way wont he kick me' lol I had to laugh any other context and you think someone was a raving loony wantting to feel what its like to be kicked! I just want to know he is okay - I know he is a really active baby and i just want to be able to share it too! xx
  • Options

I know this thread is old but I can't seem to find anything about why my baby weighed a pound and a half at 22weeks! I only weighed 106 wen i got preg! And i know when my last period was so i dont think i could be any further along than what it said but my dr called the day after my ultrasound and changed my due date from Jan 19th to Jan 9th. I am just wondering what could cause my baby to be so large at such a short time!? 

• Options
    I'm a type2 diabetic and on insulin (35+5) and at 20wks my baby weighed 500g which is 1lbs or a little over 1lbs. Had a scan last week and baby is small weighing 5lbs 9oz so the weight can vary. Wouldn't worry about size until the last few weeks.