Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Slapped cheek free..

Well after being 'non immune' with the first blood test and then waiting for an agonising 25 days after exposure and then having a second blood test and waiting another week for the results, they are back and i don't have it!
Phew.
Although it's a relief, the Doctor did say that as I have no immunity I should still be aware and try and stay away from young children tho as they may have the virus as apparently it is spreading like wildfire at the moment.
I asked her the best way to avoid it in the future and she said once I have had the baby, to try and get it to become immune for any future pregnancies as there is no vaccine!
Blimey.
Now all I have to do is stay away from children for the next 9 weeks and 2 days (ish!). That's easier said than done, my boss has a 14 month old....
As if we all don't have enough to worry about hey?!
Anyway, at least I can relax that I didn't catch it after the exposure.

Thanks to those if you who supported me through the last month of worry.

Rachel.
30+5. xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi MrsE

So glad to hear you don't have this horrid virus! It must be a great relief!

My first bloods came back and I don't think I'm immune (we must be part of the 30% of the population who's not had it!) but they want to repeat in 10 days(?) then at 25 days. So I'm a bit confused - phoning doctor this afternoon and seeking advice as to whether I should be going into work and sitting at the same desk training someone who is at risk too.

Glad to hear you only have a few days left before the safe period x x x
  • Options
    ooo, Mrs E, just noticed your dates - didn't see them when I wrote first reply. I thought the risk fell at the end of 20 weeks but is it later than that? x