Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Update on docs appt - letter for scan

Hi all

I posted a few weeks back to say I was having problems with my periods and getting faint lines that werent amounting to anything.

Anyway I had an appointment with my doc last thur and she has decided to start investigations so today i went for my first progesterone blood test and I have to have a few more blood tests taken.

Anyway today I have received an appt for an ultrasound scan is this the same as a pregnancy scan? or will they just look at my womb/ovaries etc. Reason I am asking is I am 11dpo and today I had orangey coloured cm that tonight has gone brown so could this be implantation and the start of a new pregnancy??

Am terrified to test incase i see a dreaded faint line again and dont think I could bear the heartache but if no BFP this month I still have to go for the scan and more bloods. The tests take 3 months in total so if am not pregnant by august I will be referred to a consultant.

The reason why the doc is referring me early is because my af have only been 1-2 hours long, they havent been heavy or painful and they are 7 week cycles which is far too long apparently so I feel a huge weight has been lifted knowing am getting somewhere and they are taking me seriously.

Also at moment its painful during intercourse sometimes and it feels like my cervix has disappeared anyone know what that could be?

Thanks

xx

Replies

• sorry ur body is till playing tricks on u, but fab news ur doc is doing somehting to find whats going on, hopefully u'll get soem answers soon, re the ultrasiound, yes this is the same as a pregnancy scan, they can use ultrasound to look at most things ion the body, particulalry organs, Oh ahd one done on his heart a while back for some iffy chest pains...as the liekly hood of any possible problems woold be round ur womb and ovaries then if u have got a nes little bean growing in there then if ur far enough along (4weeks+, 2weeks post ov) then they shld at least see a yolk sac, no doubt they'll want to rule out pregnancy anyway, even if ur certain u can't already be, they need to do it for their records...not sure i've answered ur question, hope i have. xx
  • Hi hun

Thanks I ov on 17th April so by time I go for scan next friday I will be 3weeks past ovulation is that what you mean??

Also my last af date was 25th March so I would be 7 weeks is that right??

Do i ask them to check for pregnancy or will they just tell me, do I get my oh to come with me just incase??

xx
  • if they're looking in that area they will notice if there is a 3wk post ov pregnancy, but there wouldn't be any harm in u mentioning it...by lmp then u'd be 7weeks (which is the date they wld go byy if u were pregnant until u had a 12weeks dating scan), so i'm assuming u have long cycles as ur ov + 2 weeks prior (they tend to add this as on avaerage a woman has 14days fomr the start of her cycle to ov, so they class u as 2 weeks preggers before u've even ov'd, iyswim?) wld make u actually 5 weeks (not sure if taht makes any sense!)...x
  • Yes I have 35-45 day cycle

Still not following but I may drop it into the conversation and see what they say.

Its not at the hospital tho its at a doctors surgery??

xx
  • Ooh hun i'm so sorry you're still going through all this! At least they're finally doing something about it though, I hope you keep us updated.
    Good luck
    x
  • Hi hun, I'm glad they are finally listening to you about this as it seems that your body is really messing you about.

In regards to the brown CM you've had - I really don't mean any disrespect by this but perhaps you should try not to get your hopes up based on a bit of brown CM? It would be such a shame to have your hopes dashed again and it sounds like a bit of random spotting wouldn't be so uncommon in your odd cycle.

Really hope you get answers soon x
  • Thanks ladies

Will keep you posted

xx
  • Hope it all works out really well. Will have my fingers crossed for you. I can't offer any advice, but wanted to say good luck! x
  • OOO Sparkling Diamond!!! Sorry you still going through all this and haven't had your BFP yet image But like the other girls have said - at least they are doing something about it and getting you checked out properly!! I really hope it all works out OK but please keep me up to date!!