Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

anyone any tips on starting labour!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Hi there,

from what i've been told, hot curry, lots B'dancing because his wee swimmers can kick off contractions or the stuff his little swimmers swim in! (sorry tmi.) reflexology, walking & pineapple (although you do have to eat lots & lots of pineapple!) if i were you i'd stick with the b'dancing worked for my sister 3 times !! Good luck!
  • One of the midwives told me that the reason eating pineapple and hot curries brings on labour is because it helps empty the bowels. This allows the baby to drop and his head will push against the cervix, sending signals to your body that he's ready to be born. Also, tilting your pelvis forwards by sitting on a chair 'John Wayne' style should help as it puts the baby in the right position.

Hope you're not waiting too long for lo's arrival xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/sPnXp1/.png

• Thanks everyone, im just over 37 weeks at the moment so i know there is still plenty time but im sooooo fed up, im very big this time too, my daughter, who is three, is having to help me put trousers and shoes on!!!! I definately was'nt this big with her.

Ive been bathing in clary sage oil for a few days now and drinking raspberry leaf tea for a few weeks. Going to buy a couple of large pineapples today!!!!

xxxxxxxxx
  • I hate pineapple but have been drinking fresh pineapple juice. I've tried sex, a bumpy car ride, walks, spicy food and clary sage oil and still nothing! Going to hospital on the bus today and got a mile walk from the bus stop so hoping that gets things moving!
    I am so constipated I'm actually considoring trying the castor oil!
    xxx
  • It is so frustrating waiting around, i tried everything-in the end i sat on a rocking stool, n rocked side to side for the whole evening, by 1.00 am i woke up in terrible pain-had my baby 16.45 that night xxx
    good luck xxx
  • I hate to say it but with my other 2 theres nthing that I havent tried to bring on labour & the only thing that worked for me in the end with Zara was castor oil. I didnt take too much (less than what the mw suggested) I think it was 2 tablespoons scrambled in 1 egg (I tried mixing it with orange juice & bicarbonate of soda but I just couldnt stomach it) I took it on the saturday evening, had strong braxton hicks through the night went into labour around 7pm on sunday & Zara was born at 10.40pm. I know I'll def be trying it with this next one if it goes overdue. I wouldnt try it before the due date though.

Good luck xx
  • Hi,

My first was a week overdue. My aunt had had a hypnobirth and told me about slowly massaging your baby bump from top to bottem during her labour, a concentration/focus thing I think, but thought i would try it to bring on labour. I didnt try any other methods ie spicey, pineapple etc. I run a lovely bubble bath and slowly and gently stroked my bump as if massaging the baby in the direction I wanted her to go in. It did work I went into labour the next day. With my second I did this a few days before he's due date and again it worked he came a day early. I am now pregnant with my third and will do this a few days before my due date again. I have drank raspberry leaf tea with all my pregnancies, starting on one cup a day at 32 weeks and increasing to 3/4 at 38 weeks. If the bath doesnt work first time round just try it every evening and it may gradually work. Hope this helps xxx