Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bloody cheek!!

Hi all. Had to go to the docs today because i have SPD grr! and he wanted to check how i was. My usual doctor has retired so there is a stand in one at the moment. Anyway when i went in he checked my blood pressure and my weight and then sat me down.
He told me that i was clinically obese and that i should go on a diet and exercise for an hour a day. I was confused as i find it difficult to walk let alone go to the gym. I asked him whether a diet was wise in my condition at which point the muggins ACTUALLY bothered to read my notes and said, oh no sorry i didn't realise you were pregnant i thought you were just fat!!!! image I was totally appauled, however, he did apologise most sincerely and took back all his comments. Anyone else experienced anything like this or worse?

Replies

• Thats so rude! I would have gone mad at him, the bare faced cheek!! x
  • I know i wouldn't mind so much but i have a proper round tum and wore my new dungarees (they make me look really pregnant) i think i will see a different doctor next time round, or get one of those T'shirts with a slogan on!!!
  • What a complete W****R, the mood i'm in, i would have slapped the bastard LOL!! I went to a different doc last week who told me i have SPD and sciatica. he gave me a list of exercises to do to relieve the sciatic pain but then told me i wouldn't be able to do them coz of the SPD!!! Twat!
  • p.s. i like the t-shirt idea....mine would say..."i'm not fat i'm pregnant" or "stop staring at the bump" or "do not touch - it may explode"....hmmm new business venture methinks.......!!!!
  • That was pointless then giving you exercises...! I hate everyone somedays. I remember my mom has sciatica it comes and goes you must be in agony with spd aswell and being pregnant. x x
  • why do u think im such a moody bitch?? lol
  • There had to be a reason. . x
  • Glad to hear that my doc isn't the only one T**T yeah SPD is a real pain, i was told that as long as the baby is growing ok then they didn't really care if i was in pain - to which i thought you'll be in pain in a minute and then we'll see if you feel a little more sympathetic!! Grrr!! Bloody medical professionals!
  • Cheeky bastard, half of them are overweight, like they can give us advice about being less porky - like the idea about the t-shirt too, but mine would be less subtle and say FUCK OFF. And then next time they are insulting, just slip your jacket off and stare at him, doctors and their bloody receptionist drive me mad. God I'm in such mood today - who else can we bitch about? Inlaws maybe?
  • Oooh now don't get me started on the inlaws!!!! feel like i could give them a mouthful too!! My mother in law told me off the other week for having a dishwasher, she said 'i've never had one so i don't see why you should' (ps i bought it!!) to which i replied 'yes dear and your parents used to C**p in an outhouse but i don't see you doing the same!' Grrrr
  • Hi Claire. . i see your happy & calm as usual x
  • I could rant for a living about mine. We went to visit them on Sunday to tell them about the baby, and as soon as we got there she got on my tits, I think its the voice. Don't they just have the knack of saying so little but pissing you off so much.
  • Of course Sophia, I was in quite a good mood and now I don't know what has happened. I should stop as my bad habits and swearing rub off on you!!!
  • Glad to see mine aren't the only ones!! it's the whole my poor son that gets on my nerves, he gets treated like a saint, but it's always are you losing weight doesn't she feed you. Just because they are all roly polys ... see you've got me started now
  • i know i was calm and perfectly fine until i came on this site then within a week or so i was being a bitch to owain!!
  • I'm even in a mood about the bloody weather. it's crap and my dogs are looking at me like they want to go out. My husband pissed me off this morning asking if I had chucked the 'empty' oil bottle out the boot of the car? Wouldn't you - it's fucking empty. But he had a hissy fit as he couldn't remember what one it was and audi say you have to use a particular sort, robbin bastards! Then he went and never gave me a kiss or said goodbye. Maybe that explains why i'm physcotic
  • Oh dear! sounds like your bitchin at him again!!! I saw owains mom today, as i have pulled my first sickie from work and she came round criticising everything and poking her ugly nose around my house pointing out all the things im doing wrong.
  • Like what cheeky bitch? do you want me to train you to be really nasty?
  • she was saying that i shouldnt bottle feed, i shouldnt use disposable nappies, that my house is not ready for the baby and there are too many pets here. i have 2 pets that live in hutches outside & 3 goldfish in my house, ive already left my other pets at my parents house not leaving anymore. Oh and she said there is so much i need to learn and she doesnt think im ready to be a mom yet!!! I could not believe it x
  • BAG. My mother in law said to me on Sunday, do you think the dogs are going to be ok when you have the baby, I really wanted to say no, I think I will get the put down. What is she talking about so much you need to learn, was she born knowing how to become a parent? and who is ready? do you get a certificate to authorise when you are 'ready' Cheeky mare. Mine don't like the names we have chosen and think we are mad finding out what we are having, saying - enjoy the surprise. Wheres the surprise it's either a boy or a girl. Jesus. I'm not breastfeeding either so that will probably be the next thing and the christening - of which there isn't going to be one - oh, bloody inlaws......