Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

THRUSH OMG THE BURN HELP!

Hello ladies needing some help LOL

From I have fallen pg I have been plagued by thrush, I have had three treatments so far in this pregnancy and each time have waited until I am practically at the stage where anything with an edge is looking tempting for a good rub as obviously want to avoid medications in pg, (all treatments given by dr btw)

Have any of you any natural remedies or anything that you have heard of that is helpful and safe in pg, BTW before this pregnancy only ever suffered thrush once before in my life and that was in October when I had a chem pg.

Please help I am considering removing my hands to prevent causing damage!!!!!!! LOL LOL

Oh all treatments have been canesten to date

Replies

• Options
    http://lt1f.lilypie.com/ADtlp1.png

Oh honey thrush is the pits!

Natural yoghurt is good - on a tampon if you can bear it, slather it all over and wear a pad to stop you worrying about it getting everywhere! I actually find a pad helps ease it too for some reason.
    Bathe in warm water with a good cup full of salt or bicarbonate of soda in - about half a tub to a normal bath.
    I would imagine coamomile and/or lavender would be good in baths too but not tried.

If you happen to have access to a bidet that's bliss! If you have a toilet near a shower (ours is next to our bath) shower as you pee. If not have a jug of warm water to pour over you as you pee instead. Another thing I found was to lean right forward so the urine doesn't run back over any sore parts.

hope this helps
  • Options
    I agree natural yoghurt but I wouldnt put it on a tampon personally I think if you slather it on it really cools down everything and stops the burning. I used to suffer thrush really regular due to medication and I found this really helped and a nice hot bath every night and loose clothing, really makes a difference.

35+2
  • Options
    aw thanks girls does the yoghurt get rid of it too or am I just cursed until I have my wee bean and can take the tablet that your not allowed to in pregnancy?? LOL
  • Options
    Hi Moonbeam
    Try taking acidophilous (available at Holland and Barrett). You'll need to check that it's okay to take the tablet form during pregnancy, I'm not sure but I think it is.
    Bio-yoghurt is also good (and contains similar probiotics which are okay to take). You canl also... get ready for an "eughhhh" moment... directly apply the yoghurt to the affected area! It can really help cool and relieve the itching.
    Also, aviod tight fitting trousers, tights and synthetic knickers - cotton knickers only!
    Hope it clears up soon.
    Anna
  • Options
    Must have been typing when the other replies were being written... sorry for the repetitive info!
  • Options
    http://lt1f.lilypie.com/ADtlp1.png

Yes I forgot about the cotton knickers - I had it really badly once after a kind auntie bought me fancy pants!! I've also got it from buying cheap pads and one more thought - coloured toilet paper... use white!

I didn't mean insert the tampon in as if you had AF I only meant to put it in a little way to get the yoghurt in there! Are you allowed the canestan (sp) pessaries during preg? Can be excruciating to put in if you're swollen but did the trick for me.

• Options
    again girls thanks so much and not repertitive at all v helpful, yeah I have had the pessaries and OH has taken tablet and cream each time to prevent cross contamination. Will investigate holland and barratt and yougart, going to have a bath with the salt and bi carb lol

funny thing is never had this when pg with ds wonder does this mean a pink bump is on the way lol!!!!
  • Options
    Hon
    I too suffer really bad. I did used to get it internally all the time before PG but since being PG I now suffer externally so use the cream. I always find that the minute I get a little bit of itching I start washing/showering twice as much and silly as it sounds but change your underwear. I had no idea you got as "wet" as you did in pregnancy or had discharge and panty liners don't work so th eminute I get in from work I take my knickers off and put new ones on. On a sat/sun I actually change half way through the day and it's stopped it. Maybe shower and then strip wash when you can't or straight after the toilet.
    I think it's a hormone inbalance but it must be also to do with the fact we wee so often so your constantly wiping and irritating.
    Know what you mean about sharp corners looking promising, might give DH a fright if he caught you up against the tv cabinet though! xxxx
    PS - i'm a blue bump!
  • Options
    Definitely the Acidopholus (sp?) from holland and barratt - assuming safe to take as it is the natural bacteria in your gut anyway.

This is miracle stuff... works everytime for me as it just rebalances your body.

MrsJ
    29+3
  • Options
    LOL Em I tackled the corner of my breakfast bar yesterday it was fab!!! funny you say about washing etc I am the same and have to admit it does help not long in from work and like you have done just changed my knickers and aaaaaaahhhh coolness!!!!

Mrs J cheers going shopping later so will get this xx
  • Options
    fab, glad it helped hon. I actually went and brought extra pairs of knickers so I could change more frequent.
    Hope it goes for you soon.xxx
  • Options

I know how you feel! Too late for you lot but hopefully this will benefit someone else :) Try plain olive oil or failing that try mummies with tummies thrush treatment. This has been specially formulated for pregnant mums and it worked a treat for me.