Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

4d scan or not??

Hi ladies, need a bit of advice from all of you. Me and oh are debating weather to have a 4d scan or not. I am currently 22+3 wks, at first i really wanted this done but now im having second thoughts. Is it right that you are looking to see your baby before it is actually born? I know that this procedure is safe and would be really exciting but i cant help having this little doubt that its not right and you should wait till baba is born. What are your views on this? xxnatxx

Replies

• Options
    I have booked one for 24th Feb and cant wait! We did say shall we shall we not! But decided to go for it! One reason for us not having one was did we want to see bubba before she was born but we thought you know when your baby is born to when your baby is one month old he or she looks different! their features change and they grow into their face more and chances are when we see bubba in feb to when she is born she will look different anyway, also seeing your baby and holding your baby are 2 totally different experiences arnt they! Cor dont i ramble lol xx
  • Options
    We decided against one cos we don't know what bubs is and personally I think they look a bit strange! Already know it has its dads big head and my long legs from scans and that it's going to take some serious pushing out lol!
  • Options
    I had a 4D scan at 28 weeks and I have to say that it was absolutely incredible. We didn't want to know the sex so we asked not to be told and the sonographer made sure that we didn't "accidentally" find out. Also it gives you quite a good idea what your little one will look like as my little girl was born on the 8th Dec and the likeness to her scan picture was amazing! xxx
  • Options
    i'm having one done on friday i just think it's a wonderful chance to bond with your baby before s/he is born, with my last birth she was born so quickly that i went into shock and found it hard to bond straight away and i ended up with post natal depression because of it and i think anything that could help has got to be worth it regardless of the moral dilemma of seeing your baby before your supposed to.