Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I have a section date :o

I cant believe it. They told me 2 weeks ago that there was a chance I would have a date today but I didnt really believe it as it was too early.

It turns out that my consultant is officially stupid! Not that I didnt know that anyway! She told me 2 weeks ago that she was planning on delivering me at 33/34 weeks. I didnt think much of it, was shell shocked I think. Then people began to question it, on here and in the real world, and I realised that I didnt actually know a reason why.

She began saying the same today (she repeats herself at EVERY meeting), and I asked her why that was necessary and she told me it was because they shared a sac and placcenta (!). I reminded her that they didnt share a sac and she checked my notes and disappeared! She came back and told me that she had spoken to the senior consultant who said that an elective date would be at 36 weeks (what I was originally told, and also what was written in my notes!)

She then booked me in for 5th October! So, I now have a due date! Im not sure whether I will get there, but it is nice to have a due date!

Gemma and Double Blue Bump 26 + 6

Replies

• Thats great news Gemma to have a due date. Although thinks could change couldn't they its all gettign so near now how exciting xxx
  • Things could change, as with any due date but I always knew id never get to 31st which is 40 weeks so really wanted a realistic due date and now I have one as I wont go past this date, although very real possibility theyll be here beforehand.
  • wow thats great i wish i knew when mine were coming lol have you got everything prepared? at least you know when everything has to be readt for too x just over 2 months away or 2 and 1/2 months i bet that will fly it doesnt seem that far x

MummyD

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/dY32p1.png

• We have EVERYTHING! Im such an organised person. Also, im finding moving around more difficult now, and have been quite uncomfortable, and I really wanted to enjoy shopping for the boys. I have 9 weeks left! At the most!
  • THank god you are sensible and are happy to question things, cant believe that she was going to book you in for section thinking they shared a sac (which incidentally if they did is too late they recommend 32/33 weeks)

Really pleased you have a date to work towards. i had a section booked and felt better knowing what the last date would be even tho i went into labour naturally (incidentally i came out on the day i was due to have the section)

good luck keeping them in there till then

xxDBxx
  • Cheers DB. It was actually your post that made me think hard about exactly what I knew and what I didnt! I would love to keep them in that long, although I will admit (dont shout at me! lol!) that when she said 33/34 weeks I was happy thinking that this would all be over quicker! I know that sounds awful, and I actually mentally gave myself a slap and told myself to stop being so stupid!!

I hate being pg, and the whole process is lasting forever. However, the idea of getting them here early, only for them to have to spend time in SCBU and risk the potential of them being poorly just isnt worth it and I cant believe I even contemplated this being a good idea! Actually makes me quite angry with myself.

I also asked her about labour and what would happen if I went naturally as im absolutely petrified of an emergency section (even though if that was what babies needed then I wouldnt question it). My consultant is so pro c-section that she wouldnt even entertain a natural birth! Now, I know that its risky but this really surprised me. It made me more determined to go against her (which cant be good). I personally cannot see any reason why, if babies have decided to come, are head down and ready to deliver, and im dilated, I cant try for the natural birth. After all, what can be more damaging for babies than if im dilated and delivering and, in order to section me, they push baby back in to bring him out of my tummy!!! I know thats very simple but I know what I mean! Her answer was that I should get there straight away and they would get me in for an emergency section! I felt like screaming!!! She knew how I felt by the time I left! lol!
  • I thought you were set on a section so havent mentioned this in past but 100% agree with you.

I didnt want to be induced for natural as knew the risks of having one naturally and one section and more likely as they are not ready to come out.

But when i went into labour naturally i said i wanted to give it a go (both head down cervix dialating) the NHS is meant to support vaginal births for twins as it still has less complications then a section, especially if you go into very early labour (before 32 weeks).

Deciding what to do is very difficult but id recommend reading and researching, i came to the conclusion i wanted to try for a v birth as labour started normally but would understand if you came to different conclusion.

If you are interested i know that EM1983 had her twins vaginally might be worth a FAO on twin forum, think fallenangel did too...

xxDBxx
  • Have spoken to EM as friends with her on fb. Hers are non id but she did have them vaginally, as did snowangel.

Basically, she continued to tell me how risky it would be up until the moment I left the room. I was slightly annoyed as, yes, I am set on a section if I get to that point, and yes, I am petrified of an emergency section, but no, I dont want my choice made for me. Hubby is scared and that sways me more than anything because he has found this pregnancy harder than me (if thats possible lol) and he doesnt cope well with stress so wanted to make it as 'easy' on him as possible. However, I WAS NOT being scared into something.

It is hard to decide what to do as there is absolutely no way of knowing how things will turn out. I have group B strep so I wanted to make sure she was aware of my feelings on giving birth and the fact that I was not going to have a half born baby pushed back up, just because I had requested an elective section. I know thats a really simple look at it but thats how I see it.

Do you think I should write some sort of birth plan? As I dont have a mw and my consultant has been pretty useless I dont really know what to do. While I want whats best for the boys, myself and my husband, I do have certain things that I would 'like' to happen. I dont really know where to start with birth stuff as it has been such a stressful ride getting to the being and staying pregnant part!
  • Yes i think you should write a birth plan, you already know that anything can happen but there is no harm in putting what you would prefer to happen.

i understand what you mean about pulling baby back up, if you are dilating then baby is far down already so can see why you wld consider a v birth.

really wish you good luck

xxDBxx
  • Glad to hear they've given you a date. Like you said at least you have something to count down to now-even if you don't make it that long!

• Hi Gemma

Ohhh how exciting to have a date!! Just think...in 9 weeks (at the most) you're going to have your 2 precious boys image wow!

I can't believe the consultant got it wrong like that and didn't even think to double check! image Good job you're on the ball. It's scary the things they get wrong sometimes....

Love NN 16+2 xxx

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/tickers/2jd2p9xz55ugm69d.png

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/NattyNik/Round%204%20Pregnancy%20Photos/KangaandRoo62.jpg

Click Here To Read My Ramblings On Living With Loss And Pregnancy After Loss