Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trapped nerve anyone?

Hi there

Over the past week the top of my right leg has had pins and needles and goes all numb and hurts when I lay on that side. I think it's a trapped nerve (wondering whether caused by pregnancy). Just wondered whether anyone else had had this or anything similar. From looking on internet it sounds most like 'SCIATICA'.

15+3
x x x

Replies

• i have sciatica, it does sound a bit like it, mine starts at back then goes into left or right side right down to feet, like a shooting pain, it most hurts when laying down for too long and kinda spasms up! dunno if that helps xxxx

• ye iv been suffering from this on my right side , i suffer with sciatica anyway but since being PG its worse, its more than likley the baby pressing on the sciatic nerve. i find it hard in the nights to turn over on my side.

Just try and take it easy when moving in bed and when geting out of bed

Donna 38+4
  • i've suffered on and off all my life but since week 7 of pregnancy. it may be baby lying on the nerve agrevating it for you not much they can do till lo is born i'm affraid

debz
    32+3