Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Just found out I'm pregnant...

Hi ladies,

I found out I was pregnant on Thursday night - period was due Monday and as I've never been late, I had a sneaky feeling I could be! Its just started to sink in that I'm going to be a mummy! My husband is super excited, keep telling him we need to be cautious as its still early days (I'm five weeks).

I've booked a docs appointment, Monday 9am. Can anyone tell me what my Doc will do? Will I have to take another test for her to confirm it? When do you get a midwife etc? And how many weeks pregnant will I need to be before I can have a scan?

I'm also stressing about work and people guessing, I posted a smiley face on my facebook profile and my best friend and brother both messaged me asking if there was something I wanted to tell them! Lol keeping this secret is going to be hard!

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first image)

xx

Replies

• Congratulations!! My GP didn't even want to see our home test, he said that home ones were far better than gp's ones. He then gave me a bit of info about what not to eat, folic acid etc and asked me to book an appointment with the community midwife for about 8 weeks. She then let the hospital know to book my 12 week scan. You can book private ones before this, as lots of ladies on here have. Good luck with keeping it a secret xx
  • Awww congrats!!! It's the best feeling ever isnt it??? Awww!!!!

Going to the docs was a little bit of an anti climax but its all part of the process. The just asked me some history, took blood pressure weighed me and gave me an estimated due date.

I was told I had to make an appointment for 'booking in' ie choosing which hospital I wanted to give birth in but they just called me and gave me a reference number to call the antinatel clinic with. They booked me in for a scan at 12 weeks based on LMP.

Enjoy the journey, hope your symptoms are easy to deal with. Pregnancy so far has been a breeze for me!!

Lyns 13+4 xxxx
  • Hey Jellytots and littlelyns!

Thanks for your replies. I am SOOOOOOOO excited, a little bit shell-shocked still and nervous but just can't believe how happy I feel and how excited I already am! Kinda feel like this is happening to someone else!

Got no symptoms yet, apart from crazily sore boobs! Ouch! xx
  • Congratulations! My GP didn't test me either, he basically logged me on the system, gave me an approximate EDD and told me to book in with the Midwife. Most areas seem to do your booking in between 8 and 10 weeks.

Hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months.

Blue Gecko 23+5 x
  • Yeah the sore boobs symptom seems to be a keeper!! Grrr!!!! Look forward to the constant need to pee too!! Oh its all so dignified!!! Awww you will just love the whole thing though, it's all such a miracle!!! Congrats xxx
  • Congrats!!!!
    I was same as other ladies I went to gp & firstly gave my a big hug as he was over the moon cause we'd been trying for so long, but then he took my blood pressure & asked about my health & about diet & folic acid. We had already decided on what hospital & he put in for our booking scan, which we got at 12 weeks. I didn't have to go to midwife before this, but doc did say to give him a shout if anything cropped up.

My symptoms didn't kick in until I was about 7 weeks.

Good luck with everything!!

Jayne xo
  • Awww thanks ladies for the advice and for being sooo lovely! Really appreciate it seeing as I can't talk to anyone (apart from hubby) about it just yet!! Am itching to tell my family and friends!!! xx
  • my gp just asked me about healthy living etc and was there anything i wanted to know. i made a booking in appointment with mw on the way out. that was it. i was also given a pack of info as well.
  • Congratulations and welcome to pregnancy!

I booked in to see my GP expecting them to go over lots of things, but when I got there she told me to book in with midwife for when I was 8 weeks pregnant, and looked on a chart and worked out an estimated due date. Turns out it wasnt that rough as she was only a day out!

Booked in with the midwife and saw her when I was 8+2 she booked my 12 week scan at the hospital, weighed me, took some history, presented me with my green notes and gave me some advice of what I should avoid eating and answered some questions.

I had my first scan at 8+5 weeks and they confirmed baby had a heartbeat and gave me a due date! This was done private!

Good luck in keeping the secret. I didnt bother, everyone was already guessing and asking if we were planning on having children (as we had just got married).

Emma
    36+1 x
  • Hi Nai- Nai!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

It's the best feeling ever isn't it!?

When is your estimated due date? ( if you don't know you can google Pregnancy EDD and it will work it out) You can then come and join us in either due in September or October!

Welcome to the wonderful world of BE - and enjoy just telling the doctor you are pregnant!!

Sam
    6+5
  • Hey Nai Nai....Congrats on your fabulous news image
    I didnt even see my GP....rang to book and appt and the receptionist just booked me straight in with the MW! Think i was 8/9 weeks then....had '12' week scan based on LMP but turned out was only 11 weeks so was booked back in for another scan at 12+5...as was having the Nuchal fold scan. Got our 20 week scan the 9th Feb....I'll be 19+4 weeks. Enjoy your journey hun......and the sore boobs do go.....mine didnt go until 13/14 weeks so a while to go yet! Lol. Congrats again image xxxx

http://lmtf.lilypie.com/YZf9.png