Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

wheat bag for back ache...

.... is there any harm in this? Can I run the risk of overheating bubs?

Replies

• Options
    In my pregnancy book it said using a hot water bottle on back ache was ok. I just made sure it wasnt too hot, put a towel between the hot water bottle material and my skin and I moved it about more often than I normally would so my back wouldnt overheat. First time my backache was so bad I had to use it, after about half hour I could walk again.
    25+2 x
  • Options
    I was wondering this too as I am really suffering with my back at the moment. Only reason I haven't done it yet is because it is just too dam hot! xx
  • Options
    I have had a very bad back for about the last 3 weeks, im 14 weeks now. The doctor, midwife and nurses at epu told me to use a wheat bag or hot water bottle, so they must be ok. image x
  • Options
    I got a handout from the midwife at my AnteNatal class last week and was reading it today and it actually said that using a hot or cold wheat bag on your back during the early stages of labour (when you are at home) is very helpful. So I guess its fine to use. You can also take hot baths so I dont think there is any harm in overheating baby.

Becka 37+2