Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Braxton Hicks at 25 weeks?

I think I had about 5 mins of Braxton Hicks last night but really not sure. I woke up to period like pain that got more painful over the time and then faded again. Not enough to hurt but enough to wake me up! They only lasted about 5 mins, if that, then went.

Could I have had BH at 24+5 and is this how it feels ?

Replies

• I started to feel BH around 22/23 weeks so very possible. When I first started getting them I barely noticed but the further I was the more stronger they were. Sometimes I get only one at a time, and sometimes I have a few in an hour.

I spoke to my dr about it last week cause I wanted to know if there was a point were I should be worried that I was having too many. She told me not to worry unless I get more than 6 in an hour or if they are really painful.

MN 32+3
  • I started getting these at at about the same stage as MN, around 22 weeks I think. Mine were a painless tightening and hardening which lasted anywhere between 10-30 secs. Not enough to stop me mid-sentence but def enough to notice.

I reckon that could well be what you felt :\)
  • I think I had my first one yesterday. I actually found it quite painful but then I am carrying twins. Felt like period pain. I think my tummy tightened but its unbelieveably tight and hard normally so not sure.

I had about 2 and couldnt get comfortable for ages.

Gemma and Double Blue Bump 26 + 6